🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Can I create an agency for a company owned by...
Page options
7037a4a8
Community Member

Can I create an agency for a company owned by someone else from my profile?

Hi there,

I am new to UpWork and I have the following questions. 

I want to create an agency account for a company. Currently the legal owner of the company does not have an Upwork account. 

We want to create an agency account for this registered company from my UpWork account.

All the documents and contracts will be to the company's name and bank account. 

Can I create the agency for a company owned by someone else from my profile?

Thank you,

Diyana

7 REPLIES 7
7037a4a8
Community Member

Hi there,

I am new to UpWork and I have the following questions. 

I want to create an agency account for a company. Currently the legal owner of the company does not have an Upwork account. 

We want to create an agency account for this registered company from my UpWork account.

All the documents and contracts will be to the company's name and bank account. 

Can I create the agency for a company owned by someone else from my profile?

Thank you,

Diyana

759e32fa

Hi Diyana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When creating agencies, please note that the financial account has to be under the account owner's name. If there's a mismatch, this may result in account limitations.

You can read more about agencies here for more information before starting one.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
7037a4a8
Community Member

Hi AJ,

The financial account is under the same account as the agency. A bank account of the company is only related to the company in Bulgaria. It is not related to a person.

The issue I am worried about is the VAT approval by UpWork.

If the Agency account is under the same business name as the company why should the VAT Tax number not be approved? 

Why does it have to be linked to the Freelancer's name?

Hi Diyana,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like you also shared your question with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your questions and respond accordingly to your ticket as they are the ones that can best assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
abeera85
Community Member

I want to enter in a agency to do projects.but dont know how to

How can a new member of upwork make relations with clients?  

Or enter in agencies. 

Hi Abeera,

Thank you for your messages. The only way to join an agency is to be invited by an agency administrator. Your relationship with them is managed privately outside of Upwork. Feel free to check this help article for details and to learn more about working for an agency.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths