🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Can I recruit agency members for my Upwor...
Page options
5648b044
Community Member

Can I recruit agency members for my Upwork agency with my Upwork client account?

I am going to start an agency and I want to hire my experts through Upwork I want to hire them through Upwork and have them work on demand when I get the project and pay them. Does this break the Upwork rules?I am going to start an upwork based agency and want to recruit my experts through upwork. I want to hire them through Upwork and work on their needs when I get the project and pay them. Does this break the Upwork rules? Also, can I post jobs from my Upwork client account to hire my Upwork based agency members?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Robayet,

If you have a client context on your account in addition to your freelancer and agency account, you can use it to hire freelancers. As a client you can hire freelancers who are also non-exclusive members of your agency for a contract that's not related to your agency's work. They'll be able to take on contracts as independent freelancers not as a part of the agency. You cannot hire exclusive members of your agency as a client on Upwork and you can't hire members of your agency. As Luiggi mentioned in his response, payments by an agency to its members aren't facilitated on Upwork via a client account. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Robayet,

What you're looking to do is exactly the purpose of the agency. You have a team that you'd like to manage through Upwork as an agency. The relationship between the agency and its members generally already exists outside of Upwork. The agency owner is responsible for managing the payments that come into the agency, for contracts members do as part of it. Keep in mind those payments aren't facilitated on Upwork. You may also want to check this help article to get a better idea of how you'd manage your agency finances.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5648b044
Community Member

I would like to hire my agency members through an Upwork client account. Is this possible?

I want to pay them when I get a project and they work.  Is this possible?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Robayet,

If you have a client context on your account in addition to your freelancer and agency account, you can use it to hire freelancers. As a client you can hire freelancers who are also non-exclusive members of your agency for a contract that's not related to your agency's work. They'll be able to take on contracts as independent freelancers not as a part of the agency. You cannot hire exclusive members of your agency as a client on Upwork and you can't hire members of your agency. As Luiggi mentioned in his response, payments by an agency to its members aren't facilitated on Upwork via a client account. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths