🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Can an agency owner work as a free lancer...
Page options
adamisrail
Community Member

Can an agency owner work as a free lancer role in his own agency?

1. Im currently working on a freelancer account in web development niche. I want to create an agency and also work for the agency i have created as a freelancer/developer role. Is this possible? Is agency owner allowed to work as freelancer in his own agency or are they only restricted to bieng admins? 

2. Also can a member have multiple roles such as bieng business manager as well as a freelancer role at the same time?

Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

Yes, the agency owner would be able to work under the agency.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

Yes, you're free to create an agency account on your existing account. We have this guide for agencies and this help article that will help you learn more about agencies. To create an agency account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

If you're going to be a non-exclusive member of your agency, you'll be able to work on Upwork independently or as part of the agency. Here is the help article for more information about this. 

Yes, an agency member can have different roles and permissions within the agency. Agency owners and admins can edit agency members' roles and permissions as explained in this help article

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Happy working!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your reply. My question is can a exclusive agency owner or even an non-exclusive owner work in his own agency and complete projects. Or his role is only limited to managing his team?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

Yes, the agency owner would be able to work under the agency.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths