🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Can i hire people for my upwork agency throug...
Page options
huzaifa_zafar
Community Member

Can i hire people for my upwork agency through upwork ?

Hi, I am in a situation. I have recently started an agency. I need to hire people in specialized areas. 

My question is can I hire an employee for my upwork agency through Upwork? If yes then how?

2nd: Consider the example. I got the project.  In project some part, I need additional help from outside developers. Can I hire other freelancers for my agency only that specific project? 

Can we outsource project work? 

7 REPLIES 7
LuiggiR

Hi Huzaifa,

You can add agency members by going to Settings >  Members & Permissions. Also, as a business manager, you can submit proposals on behalf of any agency member, so they can work on projects you assign to them. In addition, outsourcing is allowed on Upwork on Fixed-Price contracts only. The freelancer or the agency member is 100% responsible for the product they deliver and has to comply with all laws when they use independent contractors or employees to work on their contracts.

I'd also recommend you check out this help article for more information about agencies.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
huzaifa_zafar
Community Member

Great. One more clarity is needed. 

To hire people on Upwork for my agency, Do I need to create a post on upwork from my client account. So I can get the interested freelancers' profiles?

Please confirm one more thing. Consider the case. I got the work from the client. Now I can outsource partially / Fully work by posting a separate job?

Hi Huzaifa,

Yes, in order to hire freelancers on Upwork you need to do it from a client profile.

~Andrea
Upwork
73f54a75
Community Member

If so, the contract will be from the client account to the individual freelancer account, and the total fee of your own contract with a client and a second contract with a freelancer, so basically you pay double fee to Upwork.

Is it possible to add an individual freelancer to my own agency and pass him tasks from the Upwork client contract, and pay him directly off the platform as an agency member?

Or do I need to create another contract thru my agency from the client to an additional freelancer in to order pay him off the platform?

Hi Alex,

I would like to clarify that you do not need to hire your agency members through Upwork. All agency contracts are paid to the agency's account and you can withdraw them as an agency owner. How you manage your agency's earnings from there is up to you. You're responsible for paying your agency members for their work and it doesn't have to be done on Upwork. 

You can find more information about agency finances here

~ Nikola
Upwork
maria-martynenko
Community Member

Hello Nikola,
Can you clarify this a bit for me? I want to start an agency. I have a contract proposal with a client on hourly bases. Can I get payment form the contract to the agency's account and after to make payment to other agency members from these funds? Can it work like that?
Or the client needs to have a contract with each agency member?
Thank you.

Hi Mariia,

Thank you for reaching out. All agency contracts are paid to the agency's account. Your agency’s balance will be sent to you on a schedule you set, or you can access your funds at any time by going to Settings  Get Paid. The options are all the same as for individual freelancers. How you manage your agency's earnings from there is up to you.

• The agency (not clients) is responsible for paying agency members. Payments from agencies to agency members are not protected or facilitated by Upwork.
  • How much the agency members are to be paid is determined by the agency and the agency members.
  • Agencies are responsible for maintaining proper tax records and worker classification. Agency members may be classified as either freelancers or employees of their agency. Please also see the Upwork User Agreement.

With that said, if you want each agency member to be paid directly by the client, you can ask the client to hire them so a contract can be made and they can log their hours and bill the client separately. But again, all agency payments will be credited to the agency owner. It's up to you and the agency members to set up how they will receive the payments.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths