🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Can my friend from US (as an agency profi...
Page options
junaidcgi
Community Member

Can my friend from US (as an agency profile) connect to my freelancer profile (me as Manager)?

Dear Community Members,

I want to expand my work and for that, I have one of my closest friends from the US (he will make Upwork profile as an agency profile) and then I want to join my freelancer profile as (Manager/Member). But I live in Pakistan, so maybe I also have to use a VPN to connect with his clients. So our response will be 24/7 and in this way, we can work on Upwork more effectively with a collaborative effort. 

So kindly suggest to me what are the modalities and policies in order to pursue this? 

TIA

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Junaid,

Thanks for the follow-up.

1. Yes, you can join an Upwork Agency if invited, regardless of the agency owner's location.

2. Using a VPN isn't a violation but please do refer to the information Nikola shared below. Please note that we have systems in place to detect potential TOS violations, in which case our team will contact you for further clarification.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NikolaS

Hi Junaid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your friend can create an Agency account and add you as a member. Please note that for U.S.-based agencies, each agency member must verify their location to gain access to these jobs. Only those who have confirmed they are located in the U.S. will be able to submit proposals for jobs where the client is requesting only U.S. freelancers. Non-U.S. agency members, including business managers, will not be able to submit proposals for jobs with location selection, even on behalf of their team members who have completed location verification. Please check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for your response, yes I am aware of this but my questions are:

1) Can I (non-US) profile join his (US profile agency) as a member/manager?

2) I will use a VPN in order to access his profile because of the 24/7 response to our clients on both profiles. Is that feasible? 

Hi Junaid,

Thanks for the follow-up.

1. Yes, you can join an Upwork Agency if invited, regardless of the agency owner's location.

2. Using a VPN isn't a violation but please do refer to the information Nikola shared below. Please note that we have systems in place to detect potential TOS violations, in which case our team will contact you for further clarification.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks a lot, Vladimir! It's really so helpful! You guys are amazing! 🙂

If any client uses vpn. In that case if I work with him. Will there be any problem in my account. ??

Hi Aysha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Using VPN is not a violation of our Terms of Service. Please know that as long as you, as a freelancer are not violating it, you should not worry about your account.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much for replying to my message.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths