🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Can't create an Agency account
Page options
nikolay-yarovoi
Community Member

Can't create an Agency account

Good day!

I don't have ablility to create "New Freelancer Agency Account", only client account. 

Also,I tried to clean cache and cookies, and log in with another browser. Problem is not solved.

In attachment you can find screenshot.

Waiting for feedback.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oleksandr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you don’t have the option to create an Agency, it’s generally because you already have an Agency that is now closed. Please know that you can only “own” one agency on Upwork. You won’t be able to make another one.

However, if you want, we can restore your agency account. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

163 REPLIES 163

Hi Arun,

Yes, you should be able to change the name of the agency by going to Find Work > Agency Profile from the agency account. From there, you can click the "pencil" icon that appears right next to your agency's name to change it. You can check out this help article for more information on how to edit your agency profile.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you Luiggi for your help and advice. I will try this option and let you know if there is any issue. This help means a lot to me.

50e789a6
Community Member

I created Agency account a month ago but decided to deactivate it, Now I plan to reactivate it and when I go to my settings --> Contact Info --> Additional accounts, I dont see an option to activate Agency accont there, I only see 'Create client account' button. 

Hi Adeel,

I would be happy to help. I would like to clarify that your agency account is now restored as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I have also closed my agency during my learning period. Can you please reopen my agency.

I'm also having the same issue. Can you please help me

Hi Summer,

We appreciate you reaching out. Please know that you can only “own” one agency on Upwork. You won’t be able to make another one. However, I'm pleased to inform you that your agency account is now restored as per your request. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6d4c4841
Community Member

Hey, Community ,

On my current account I can't open agency it is only showing the client account,

Please reach out and help me ASAP ....

Thanks!

Shuvoraj

Hi Shuvoraj,

Thank you for your message. I see that you had an agency account that is closed now. You will be unable to create another agency account but we can help you to reinstate the closed agency account. Let us know how you would like to proceed.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Pradeep,

Thank you for giving me your valuable time I want to get back my previous agent account please help me back my previous agent account.

Thanks

Shuvoraj 

Hi Shuvoraj,

Your Agency has been restored as per your request. 

~Andrea
Upwork
6d4c4841
Community Member

Dear Andrea,

YES ! I see Thank You.

Please Delete My client Account.

I need another Help.

My projects maybe Hold i can not See My project Please Promote My project.

Thanks

Shuvoraj 

Hi Shuvoraj,

Thank you for responding. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

As for the projects, I can see that you have 9 approved project catalogs that are visible on your account. The other two are still under review. Please allow 5 business days for our team to review them. Thanks!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Nikola, 

I am having the same problem and i would like to restore my Agency account. Can you help on this?

Hi Moiz,

Thank you for your message. Your Agency has been restored as per your request. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
35a4a83d
Community Member

Hi, I have a Freelance Account and also an Agency Account but was closed mistakenly. Can you help me to reopen my Agency Account, please?

Hi Heidy,

I would be happy to help. I would like to let you know that your agency account is now restored as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Can you please reactive my closed agency?

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
60e65ae5
Community Member

Accidently deleted my agency account. How to restore? 

What is the way of posting jobs from my agency? There was no option to post job. 

I can't compose message to freelancer when I want to find a talent. 

openrun
Community Member

Yikes! I doubt there is a restore mechanism/interface. You may just need to recreate it. It will be interesting to hear from upwork as to how to approach this. Also, if they read this thread, please add some additional steps to account deletion so that accidents like this don't happen so easily.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
976947ab
Community Member

Hey folks,

I'm in the last stage of profile creation, but I can't move forward since another account uses my number. Can you assist, please?

Best,

Alex Z.

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having this error when verifying your phone number. I have shared your report with the appropriate team for further review and one of the members will be assisting you via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b79c884c
Community Member

Greetings,

I can neither access my agency account nor can i find an option to create on under settings > contact info option. I do remember deleting my agency account though, thought it would give an option to create a new one. Kindly suggest how can i recover / access / create new agency account. Membership was also added to the agency account i deleted.

Thanks.

Hi Lalit,

I would like to confirm that you can only have one Agency account, you can always edit your Agency profile to match your needs. Since you're looking to use an Agency, I went ahead and created a support ticket for you so our team can assist you in restoring it. 

~Andrea
Upwork
hic2h
Community Member

I would like to create an agency account, but I only found the possibility to create a new client account under the additional accounts section, I already have one client account.

Any help, please.

Thanks

Hi Hicham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To create an agency account, simply follow these steps:

From your freelancer account,

1. Go to Settings > Contact Info
  2. Scroll down to Additional accounts
  3. Select New Agency Account

After you create your agency, the Account Menu will be where you can switch between your personal and agency account views. A person can only “own” one agency on Upwork. You won’t be able to make another one.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, I want to restore my agency account and update it. Can you please help me in that.

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
hic2h
Community Member

Hi Annie,

The problem is that I only have the option to create a new client, but the New Agency Account button is missing

Hi Hicham,

I'm sorry for the confusion. It seems like you already created an agency before hence you don't have the option to create a new one. Can you please confirm if you'd like to reinstate the old agency account?

~ AJ
Upwork
hic2h
Community Member

Hi Annie,

Yes, I would like to restore the old agency. can you help me with this, please?

Thanks

Hicham

Hi Hicham,

The agency account has been restored as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hic2h
Community Member

All good. Thanks Liuggi

umairnaeem97
Community Member

Hello, I entered the wrong initials while making an agency account. I simply closed it without adding anything and proceeded to open it again with the right wording. Unfortunately, the option is not there anymore. Can someone help me to get this resolved?

Hi Umair,

Please know that you can only have one Agency account and that's why you're unable to create a new one now. Would you like us to reopen the closed Agency for you? You'll be able to edit the information there.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Yes, Please open back my agency account. I do understand that it's not allowed to create multiple agencies.

Hi Umair,

Your Agency has been restored as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
4be91601
Community Member

Hi! I have the same issue. I can't create an agency account for some reason.  Sending request to support didn't help. I didn't hear back from them.Could you please check why this option is not available for me? Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths