🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Can we add sole proprietor current account to...
Page options
cgoka
Community Member

Can we add sole proprietor current account to agency account

Hi Team,

I have an upwork agency "CG3 Solutions" at present I am getting paid throgh my personal account.

Recently we have registed a sole proprietorship company with the same name as upwork's agency name, and also we opened a current bank account with the agency name. But the owner of this firm is my spouse (Not me).

Question:

Now can I add this firm's bank current account to the agency account to get paid.?

23 REPLIES 23
NikolaS

Hi Chandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. You can check out this help article for more information.

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cgoka
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for your reply.

At present, my account does not have any name mismatches because as I said it was linked to my savings account, there is no problem with it now.

But for clear taxation, I would like to register a sole proprietorship firm on the agency name "CG3Solutions" and open a current account with the same name (CG3Solutions).

And I would like to make my spouse as a sole proprietor to this firm because she doesn't have any tax history so far. However, I would be the part of Business Manager of the agency.

And my refined question is - 

Being an active owner, Business Manager and also the current account name matched with my agency name - can I add this current account as a payment method? So that I can submit my taxes as per the sole proprietorship norms. 

Ultimately, I don't want to make my savings account taxation cumbersome, I would like to maintain clear taxation for my Upwork contracts in the new proprietary firm's current account.

If it is not possible can I have any suggestions to make this happen in any different ways..?

Hi Chandra,

We'll have someone from our team will reach out to you directly via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
cgoka
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea, looking forward to talking to you guys.

veerendrashah
Community Member

Hi Chandra Shekhar ,

I have same concern about link current bank account under my company rather then saving account with my uypwork account. would you please suggest what was the solution you will have from upwork team.

So accordingly I will prepare documents or your input would be heighly appriciated. thanks..

Thanks.

Hi Virendra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand you want to use a company bank account for your payments. It is acceptable as long as you can provide the following documents for verification:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

As long as we can verify that you are authorized to use the account then you can use it as your payment method.

~ AJ
Upwork
veerendrashah
Community Member

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the quick response, do I need to submit all of the above mention documents or atleast one would be suffice?.

Thanks
Veer 

Hi Virendra,

I want to clarify that if you provide one of the documents listed in Annie's post that should be sufficient. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
veerendrashah
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for the clarification, I wil get back to you here once I got reply from my CA and loyer about bank details and company formation details for the same.

But before that I want to know that I want to be a freelancer not agency, becuase most of the client preffere freelancer then agency. So after changing my bank account details will it be visible as freelancer or agency?

Regards,
Veer

Hi Virendra,

That depends on which profile you use when applying. Remember, you have the option to submit a proposal as a freelancer or as an agency member.

~ AJ
Upwork
amit-kakkar
Community Member

Hi Annie, 
I am also facing the same issue I am working as a Sole properitor and I am also not able to add my account, Where I have to submit the details you have mentioned above. Kindly guide me. 

Hi Amiit,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while adding a payment method. Could you please tell us about the issue you face while adding a payment method?

- Pradeep

Upwork
amit-kakkar
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Earlier, I used my savings account for payment withdrawals. However, I have now registered my Sole Proprietorship Firm under the name "Growthner Consulting" and have a current account with the same name (Growthner Consulting). When I attempt to update the account details for my Sole Proprietorship firm, I encounter an error. Could you please assist me with this?

Thank you.

Thank you for the details, Amit. Could you please share a screengrab of the error you see whenever you try adding the account?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
amit-kakkar
Community Member

Not able to add IFSC Code for my current bank account
Screenshot Capture - 2023-12-14 - 18-55-17.png

Thank you for sharing this, Amit. You should be able to enter the bank details manually by clicking on the link you're being provided below the error message. Let us know if you still need help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
amit-kakkar
Community Member

Hey, 
I have added by current account manually. But getting this error. 

Hi Amit,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review and confirmed that you still need to submit the required documents to verify that you're an authorized user of the account. Once submitted, our team will proceed accordingly with the review.

~ Arjay
Upwork
amit-kakkar
Community Member

Where I have to submit the documents. Kindly let me know. 

amit-kakkar
Community Member

Hey, 
I have got the email but I am not getting any option to submit the business document. The link is asking only for my documents not for the business registration. 

Hi Amit,

You can upload the business registration documents on the link sent to you. Our team will review and reach out to you if they need additional information.

- Pradeep

Upwork
amit-kakkar
Community Member

But there is no option for business documents only asking for the statements and bills. 

Hi Amit,

You can select any of the options you're given and submit the documents you have. If there's any issue with your submission, a manual review process will be triggered and the team will follow up with you if they need more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths