🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Changing the freelancer in the contract
Page options
aaef8b8f
Community Member

Changing the freelancer in the contract

Hi!

We're an agency.

We have just started a contract with a client but would like to change the freelancer that we have assigned to the task.

Is it still possible when the contract is already ongoing?

I have tried to modify it, but all I can change is the hourly rate and the to-do list. 

Thanks!

Piotr

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Piotr,

It is not possible to switch the parties to a contract once it's started. In order for the contract to be associated with the correct freelancer, you'll need to close the existing contract and create a new one.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Piotr,

It is not possible to switch the parties to a contract once it's started. In order for the contract to be associated with the correct freelancer, you'll need to close the existing contract and create a new one.

~Andrea
Upwork
aaef8b8f
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. 

a7578e69
Community Member

Hello! I have the same situation where I am wanting to be replaced by another freelancer. To make things easy for my client, I wouldn't want my client to have to go through closing our contract and making a new one. Besides, I might have a referral who I would want to replace me. Just want to know if your answer is still relevant today? Like, if that's still gonna be the case if I have the same situation?

Thank you!

Hi Katherine,

I certainly understand your concern here. What Andrea shared in her post is still relevant today; your client will need to end their current contract and start a new one with the freelancer they wish to work with.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths