🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Creating an agency
Page options
negargolzar
Community Member

Creating an agency

Hi everybody,

1- I was wondering if I can create and work as an agency and not hiring freelancers?

2- If I create an agency and hire freelancers, are the freelancers available to send quotes individually?

3- Is it necessary to match the agency ID with the name on the credit card submitted on the payment method?

Thanks for your consideration.

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Negar,

Thanks for your questions!

In your questions, you were referring to hiring freelancers, but for agencies, you don't hire other freelancers, but other freelancers are becoming a part of the agency. I suggest checking out this help article to learn more about agencies and how they work on Upwork.

1. You can create an agency and not have any team members. I would like to note that if you want to add team members to your agency or purchase Connects to submit proposals, you need to upgrade to the Agency Plus membership.

2. You can set agency members as Exclusive and Non-Exclusive. If they are set as Non-Exclusive, they can submit proposals as individual freelancers and as agency members. 

3. To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. Feel free to check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths