🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Do I needs a registered business for Upwork A...
Page options
umairghayas
Community Member

Do I needs a registered business for Upwork Agency?

I will be grateful if you could guide me about the following:

- Do I need a registered business in the local country for Upwork agency?

- Can I withdraw earnings into my personnel account or will I be needing a business account?

- Can my existing projects be transferred to the agency account?

Thanks in advance for the help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Umair,

I would be happy to help. You can create an agency on Upwork even if you do not have a registered agency. However, it is best to ask for advice by checking with the local tax advisor. All agency contracts are paid to the agency's account. Your agency’s balance will be sent to you on a schedule you set, or you can access your funds at any time by going to Settings › Get Paid. The options are all the same as for individual freelancers. How you manage your agency's earnings from there is up to you. You can find more information here.

Note that existing contracts aren't automatically moved under the agency once the agency is created. In order for the contract to be under the agency and for payments on that contract to go to the agency account, the client would have to re-hire the agency member on a new contract.

Additionally, you may want to check this page to help you with starting an agency on Upwork. Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Umair,

I would be happy to help. You can create an agency on Upwork even if you do not have a registered agency. However, it is best to ask for advice by checking with the local tax advisor. All agency contracts are paid to the agency's account. Your agency’s balance will be sent to you on a schedule you set, or you can access your funds at any time by going to Settings › Get Paid. The options are all the same as for individual freelancers. How you manage your agency's earnings from there is up to you. You can find more information here.

Note that existing contracts aren't automatically moved under the agency once the agency is created. In order for the contract to be under the agency and for payments on that contract to go to the agency account, the client would have to re-hire the agency member on a new contract.

Additionally, you may want to check this page to help you with starting an agency on Upwork. Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths