🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Earnings and hours associated with agency
Page options
rabbit27
Community Member

Earnings and hours associated with agency

Hi -

More than a 8months now. No one guided me correctly on this issue from start. You can check numerous tickets on this issue. When an agency freelancer doesn't even earn and withdrawn the amount agency earned, how it is feasible to show those stats on freelancer's profile?

I have been told there is no FIX for this. We can only request to close freelancer's profile when they leave the agency. This I have been told after 8months when freelancer already started working indepndently. All I am requesting to fulfill data integrity, this model doesn't make any sense that an agency got the project for the exclusive freelancer, they paid comissions, the manager handled the communication. Freelancer followed the directions for work, logged hours  and Agency paid them in cash on hand. Then after wards all the agency earnings/hours being showed to freelancer's profile too. Why?

I am not sure if am wasting my time again by writing this but may be it will make sense to any one working in Upwork data management dept. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Haider,

Thank you for your feedback. The agency freelancer that was hired on a contract has to do the work and log hours on the contract. Even though the payment goes through the agency, the contract the freelancer worked on will still show on the freelancers profile. We believe the work they've done should contribute to their reputation on Upwork and there are no immediate plans to change that process.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

We believe the work they've done should contribute to their reputation on Upwork and there are no immediate plans to change that process.

Isn't that misleading clients? The freelancer did not complete the work independently. Even if the freelancer left the agency there should be at least a mention/link to the agency under which a job was completed. To be fair....

Thanks for your suggestion, Claudia.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths