🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Earnings from Upwork Agency
Page options
patrickloui
Community Member

Earnings from Upwork Agency

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to ask if a contract assigned to me was placed under agency, will the amount earned from the job be added to the "Total earned" on my freelance profile?

Upon checking, my individual timesheet shows N/A on the hours that I have worked on the project.

Best regards,

Patrick

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patrick,

Yes, total earnings on a freelancer's profile do include earnings from contract/s the freelancer is hired on under the agency they are associated with. I checked and do see the contract details and earnings in your Transaction History as well as the logged hours in the Work Diary on your Freelancer account for the agency contract in question. Let me know if you don't see it on your end and congrats on providing great work to your clients on Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patrick,

Yes, total earnings on a freelancer's profile do include earnings from contract/s the freelancer is hired on under the agency they are associated with. I checked and do see the contract details and earnings in your Transaction History as well as the logged hours in the Work Diary on your Freelancer account for the agency contract in question. Let me know if you don't see it on your end and congrats on providing great work to your clients on Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you for the clarification Vladimir.

I just wondered because I can only see "N/A" on the hours billed when I looked at the diary.

Hi Vladimir,

Even I had the same query. Thank you for your clarification. 

I need a few more clarifications. Kindly help me with these:

1. Is the above answer applicable even in a non-exclusive agency relationship?

2. If the work is done by more than 1 person in the agency, how will the earnings be bifurcated? I understand that the payment will go to the agency and then distributed. I want to know how will the earnings be reflected on the Upwork profile.

3. If I quit the agency in the future, will my profile still include the number of hours worked and earnings from that agency?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Himal,

1. Yes.

2. All agency contracts are paid to the agency's account and how you manage your agency's earnings from there is up to you and your agreement with your team members.

3. Yes, your profile will still reflect the contracts you worked on under the agency you had been associated with as well as related earnings/hours worked.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for the clarification.

Needed further clarification on point 2. Suppose work is done by 2 agency members, how will the hours and earnings be bifurcated and reported in UpWork profile?

Thanking you in advance.

Hi Himal,

The hours and earnings will be reflected on their profile`s accordingly. For example, if one freelancer works for 5 hours and the other 10, the time will be added to their total hours. They both will need to track their time in order for everything to be updated accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran

Hello, I have an agency with team members. If a team member applies for a job will I get the payment? If not how will I get the payment if a team member applies for a job? 

Hi Neil,

All agency contracts are paid to the agency's account, not its team members. As the agency owner, you are responsible for the agency's finances and for paying each of your team members outside of Upwork. You can check this article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths