🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Entering work dairy starting May 3rd is not p...
Page options
1d3dc656
Community Member

Entering work dairy starting May 3rd is not possible?

Need help on this.

I had an agreement with my client that I will fill hours only at end of the month which is May 31st. My work started on May 3rd. I did not fill time as it should not bill my client until May 31st. But now I don't see the option to enter the work diary for May 3rd. if that is the case, I will lose all those worked hours.

Could you please help?

What is the ideal way we should do? if I want to enter hours in work dairy daily but client should be billed only at the last day of month? 

Many thanks
Jais Joy

3 REPLIES 3
759e32fa

Hi Jais,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Since the billing week for May 3rd is up, it is not possible to enter manual hours for that day. You may only add manual hours to the current week which will be up for the client's review the following week. Kindly refer to this article to understand how weekly billing cycle works.

I suggest that you communicate with your client if it's okay with them that you add all the hours in this billing week. Another option is for them to issue a bonus payment.

Additionally, you may want to discuss with your client the type of contract that works best for your project. Kindly check this article to know more about Hourly vs Fixed-Price contracts.

~ AJ
Upwork

Can I enter hours as a draft and submit it at the month end?

Or if I submit weekly, can my client delay payment until month-end even if there are some warnings?

Or should I calculate work as fixed cost based on hours, I claim work completion at the end of the month and payment can happen immediately?

Or Can I claim 24 hours daily so that 3 weeks of work I can claim in one last week?

Or I can change the contract with 4 times hourly charges and claim only for last week? Can I change the hourly charge now as the contract is still in progress?

Please advise me of some way out.

Hi Jais,

The Upwork billing cycle is weekly and we highly recommend you add your time to the Work Diary as soon as you're done with your work session. If you'd like to add your hours only at the end of the month and they are below your weekly limit, you may choose to do so and wait until the last week of the month to add your time. Please know, that this practice is not covered by our Hourly Payment Protection program.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths