🐈
» Forums » Agencies » External Client Reviews
Page options
bf0ce064
Community Member

External Client Reviews

Hello!

For the past few years I've been developing a local web developing and content creation agency and now we're moving it to upwork to acces a broader range of clients. I just wanted to know, is there any option through which past clients can give a testimonial on my agency page? 

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Razvan,

You can request a testimonial from your client, but it will be shown on your freelancer profile, not the agency one. The option where your clients can leave feedback for your agency work is by having a contract with them and after ending the contract, they will be prompted to leave the feedback. You can check out this help article for more information on that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ok, at least that clears it out. Thank you!

Hello! I've requested a review from an external client last week for one of my portfolio items and it has been submitted but there have a been a few days now since the submission and it's still pending. Is that normal?

Hi Razvan,

I would like to clarify that you don't have any pending portfolios at the moment. Portfolio items and testimonials are different features and are not connected. To learn more about portfolios check out this Guide

Thanks for reaching out about our testimonial feature (request), which is currently being tested with select freelancers like you. While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sorry, does portfolio mean projects that were created through upwork? Or were you reffering to an agency portfolio, I forgot to mention it was on my personal profile. Anyway, I understand, it takes longer, no problem!

Hey there, I am trying to get a few former clients to write testimonials, but the link never gets sent to them. Please help!!!!! It’s really hard to get a first job without any references, this seems kind of like an essential feature for people starting out on here, strange that it is faulty.

Hi Christopher,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with your client's email address so that I can check this further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

please check your inbox

I think the testimonial function is great, but not all small businesses have LinkedIn and I have been unable to send those businesses the emails. Some businesses just use Facebook, especially in small towns. Just my thought on an improvement of the function.

Hi Ashley, 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
811b9d79
Community Member

Hello... I am Tiron. I have a one problem.I need reviews from my client but He doesn't know how to give a review.How can I help him? I need an answer asap.

Hi Tiron,

Thanks for reaching out. Clients are prompted to leave a review when they end the contract. Leaving a review is part of the process. If you are referring to client testimonials, I'd recommend that you please check out this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cssunnyverma
Community Member

Hi,
I got the testimonial from the client. It is still under review. How much time it will take to show it on the profile?

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your message. The testimonial will be reviewed within 10 days from the date the Client submits the testimonial.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths