🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Freelancer and related company validity
Page options
Community Member

Freelancer and related company validity

- How to check a company's information and if it is legally registered ?

I don't see any legal information on this company's profile while I know them from their official website. I expected to see their website URL, VAT number, contact information.

I would also see some validity badges which ensure that the company is valid. I don't want to spend hours to check VAT numbers etc.

- Why do I see a personal account in the chat while I hired that person as representative of a company ?

During first chat to submit proposals I saw two profiles of the same person for that chat, one "personal" and one related to the company on Upwork.

The proposal was made using the company related profile, which made sense, but he uses his personal profile for chatting. After talking a moment about that strange behaviour he was able to remove his professional chat profile, while I asked the exact opposite.

In the end I feel the validity checking process quite broken on those points. Any help to do it right would be highly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Thibault,

Could you please send me a PM with more information about the profile you're referring to so I can check? You can click on my name to send a PM. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths