🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Freelancer from USA and India in the same...
Page options
dlavaiya
Community Member

Freelancer from USA and India in the same agency (india)

Hello,

I hope you all are doing well.

I have a partner in India. We want to create an agency based in India. However, I want to join that agency by being in the USA. My questions are;

1. Is it possible to have freelancers from more than one country in the same agency?

2. If yes, can I directly transfer all my payments to the agency account (India)?

3. How will it affect my personal tax return and company tax return in India? 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Darshan,

Thank you for reaching out to us with these questions. 

Yes, it is possible to have freelancers from more than one country under the same agency. Please note that Non-U.S. agency members, including business managers, will not be able to submit proposals for jobs with location requirements. Here's a help article with more information for you!

Yes, you can withdraw your funds to the agency account that's in the owner's name or is a joint account that has the owner's name on it as a withdrawal method.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to advise you about reporting your Upwork income for taxes in your country. Please, discuss your options with a local tax advisor.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
1cc60d2d
Community Member

can USA agency add indian freelancers in  the agency or not. if yes then what are the terms and conditions . if agency got bad review then what effect on freenlancers which are added to the agency.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths