🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Freelancer to Agency
Page options
vision_ai
Community Member

Freelancer to Agency

Hello Upwork Community, 

Currently, I'm a Top-Rated Plus Freelancer on Upwork, and I am now aiming to create an Agency account on Upwork. But just before taking this step I just wanna clear some of my queries:

1. If I created an Agency Account as a non-exclusive agency member, will the JSS of my current profile will appear on Agency JSS OR Agency JSS will appear separately on my freelancer profile OR both JSS be separate? 
2. As I am currently Top-Rated Plus, will it give any plus point to the agency account, OR Agency profile will have any impact on my freelancer account?
3. Can I move testimonials from freelancer account to Agency account OR I will have to ask my clients separately on Agency Account?

Best Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

I'm glad to know that you have decided to expand and grow your freelance business by creating your own agency. 

1. If you are a non-exclusive member of your agency, your agency's Job Success Score, and your individual Job Success Score are separate. 

2. Since you are a non-exclusive member of the agency, being part of the Top Rated Plus program, your Work History, your Job Success Score, etc. will not have an impact on your agency profile. 

3. Testimonials cannot be moved from freelancer to agency account. Testimonials for agency freelancers are currently being tested. At this stage of testing, only agency freelancers included in the test will see the option in the Testimonial section on their profile. We are planning to roll out this feature to all users soon.

For more information about the difference between exclusive and non-exclusive agency freelancers, you may visit this article. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
aa48a708
Community Member

Hi, apologies for using the same thread, but I sit in the same position and was also wondering about this.

What if I am an Exclusive member of my Agency, does my ratings then count towards that of the agency?

Hi Hendrik,

To learn more about the difference between exclusive and non exclusive members, check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vision_ai
Community Member

Hello Avery,

Thanks for your detailed response.

My other few queries depending on your answer are:
1. Can I ask my clients on a freelancer account to provide another testimonial on Agency Account?
2. What are the requirements to create an Agency Account?
3. Is there any additional charges to create an Account and Send proposals? 

Best Regards.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

There are no specific requirements to create an Agency account.

While there are no charges to create an Agency account, you'll need an Agency Plus monthly subscription to give you access to build a team and purchase shared agency Connects. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths