🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » GET PAID
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Muhammad,

Please refer to the instructions shared with you on your ticket with number 28698279. If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them on your ticket and our team will assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2f5a2f6b
Community Member

Hello,

I added my company bank account as the payment method and Upwork notified me about the beneficiary name mismatch. I already updated my full name but it says it will take 48 hours. I need to have someone from Upwork to do the manual review of my company bank account details to verify that I'm authorized to use my company bank account.

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
datatask
Community Member

I am facing issue, unable to add a payment method due to the fact that last time I tried to add a payment method with a name variation i.e via visa debit card and it was rejected. Now I am unable to add payment method even with the correct name. Please help what to do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Naheed.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cf0797c6
Community Member

I am very confused by the "same name" bank account policy. My name in my government-issued ID, as an Arab, is in this format: My first name / father's name / grandfather's name / last name. Naturally, I signed up as My first name + my last name (Mayar El-Shamy). My bank account information, however, is saved as My first name + father's name (Mayar Ayman) as automatically processed by the bank.

Both are different variations of my name. And I was never asked to verify my identity, and unsure how I can go about this. I can share a copy of my government ID if requested by the support team, but it is in Arabic. I do not hold a passport.

Please, let me know how I can resolve this. I recently changed my name to match my bank account, but I would prefer to keep it as First name + Last name. The name of my father is not part of my identity, but it just so happens to be the name on my card as automictically processed by my bank.

Hi Mayar,

I checked your account, and it looks like your request to change your name has already been updated. Would you like to change it again?

~ Joanne
Upwork
cf0797c6
Community Member

Hello and thank you for your swift reply.

If it's possible for me to revert my last name back to 'El-Shamy" I would
much prefer it, seeing as it's also my professional name and any links to
my past published work would have a different last name, which would likely
cause suspicion and/or confusion with potential clients. I'm wondering if
this would automatically deactivate the method of payment I have listed, or
if it can be sorted?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mayar,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about the mismatch on your documents and will suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jpmguima
Community Member

Heu guys!

I add Direct to Local Bank to payment option but it says that the name of my bank account does not match your name.

I have my full name in my bank account, so I should have my full name in UpWork ass well?

In upwork my name is**Edited for community guidelines**but in my bank acount is**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi João,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
joshvarthalitis
Community Member

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would love to get some help with this issue.

The details of my freelancer profile are under my company details. The name field is my name as I am the representative of my company.

I have just set up a new payment method using my corporate bank account but the automatic process deactivated it due to the discrepancy between names.

What documentation can I provide you to verify the ownership of this bank account by my company and have this payment method enabled?

I read here (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063768-Bank-Account-Under-Different-Name?flash_diges...) that I can provide the following to confirm the verification:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

How can I get in touch with an UpWork support rep, to provide these documents?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Iosif Varthalitis

BlissRockHub OU

Hi Joseph,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
m_olesi
Community Member

Hi, my profile name is different from the registered name on my m-pesa account. How can you help please?

Hi Marion,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Grant,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
rskidmore
Community Member

Hey I'm a trans individual and I can't at the moment add my banking details or verify my identiy because the name I'm using on upwork doesn't match my legal documentation. Could I get some support? Also is there some way to make a manual name review request without making a public forum topic?

Thanks a bunch.

I flagged your post for a moderator to help you.

Hi Ryan,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a48d2fc1
Community Member

Hello. I put the infos about my account to get paid. But my account (bank) is with my CNPJ and my CNPJ is my name plus my ID and because that my name is different in the bank. Anybody could please help me to allow my payment method? Thanks!

Hi Milla,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
khemalatha
Community Member

Hi, My payment method got rejected since there is a difference in the name. There will be difference in upwork user account and the beneficiary name, since this is corporation. "KUBERAN SOFTWARE PRIVATE LIMITED " Please do the need full.

Hi Hemalatha,

Could you please try re-adding the bank account? You may also want to check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

My financial account is showing the old name. I changed my profile name but in the notification and email, it is showing the old one. I want to change it to the new name.

Can you please help me to change this name.

Thanks,

Hi Jyotiben,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with my team and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
laarnimagno
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

Requesting for manual review name.

Thanks,

Laarni 

Hi LAARNI,

I checked with the team and you should be all set. Could you please try removing the account and adding it again? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
toyaferreira
Community Member

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Which names exactly are mismatched?

My ID was successfully uploaded and verified on 2020-05-19.
I've also had a video call completed on 2020-05-26 for this purpose.

Name on ID: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Name on Bank Account: XXX Wurentuya

Beneficiary Name on Upwork's Payment Method: XXX Wurentuya
Account Name on Upwork's Contact Info: Toya **Edited for Community Guidelines**

The only name that is different is my account name here on Upwork.
"XXX" is just a place holder in my ID (I'm from Mongolian descent and culturaly we do not have family names).

Against my will, I've changed my Account Name from Toya **Edited for Community Guidelines** to XXX Wurentuya, with the hopes that would solve the problem, but I still see that message under Get Paid section. The account name change request is still under review, but I really would rather keep Toya **Edited for Community Guidelines** instead, as that is the name I go by and is also more fit to professional purposes.

Please check your systems and let me know what else needs to be done so that there is no more issues with my payment method, and also if it is possible for me to keep Toya **Edited for Community Guidelines** as my account name here in Upwork.

Hi Toya,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
joyce_leung
Community Member

Hi,

My legal name is "Ka Chai Leung", and I would like my profile name to be displayed as "Joyce L."

Kindly requesting a manual name review.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hi Joyce,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about mismatch on your documents and suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for getting back to me!

I have changed my profile name to Joyce K.C Leung, but it’s still saying that the beneficiary name is mismatched. Is there a way to make that work?

Thanks,
Joyce

Hi Joyce,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fe0507dc
Community Member

Hello. My payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account. Would it be possible to ID verify my account? I have a valid government-issued ID and bank statement. 

Kind regards,

Matias

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matias,

~ Bojan
Upwork
fe0507dc
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you very much for your fast response.

Have a good day.

shamreen_shah
Community Member

My name is Shamreen but due to upwork policy I did add last name which is "Shah" So I did made profile on upwork with this name "Shamreen Shah" But I mentioned only "shamreeen' on my bank account. So my name of the bank account does not match my upwrok profile name. So please help me. Please provide me solution for the same.

Thanks 

Hi Shamreen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fd438aad
Community Member

My Upwork account has my full name, but my bank account has only my first name. I don't use my surname but it was compulsory to add one on Upwork, hence, I did. Now, I am unable to add my bank account because of the same reason.

Please look into the matter. And tell me what to do?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Vaishali.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths