🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: How can client direct hire our team membe...
Page options
bhayana-hina
Community Member

How can client direct hire our team member in agency?

how can client direct hire our team member in agency?

4 REPLIES 4
ArjayM

Hi Hina,

As clients, they can hire freelancers who are non-exclusive members of your agency for a contract that's not related to your agency's work. Please note that Non-Exclusive members can do work both for the agency and independently. The agency can only access their agency proposals and contracts. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4cc527fe
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

But What if the agency member is the exclusive?

Thanks,  -Satyam

Hi Satyam,

Agency members who are exclusive work on Upwork only as part of the agency. This is the most common type of agency relationship. Your profile and proposals are branded with the agency to make the agency’s part in the work relationship clear to clients. We pay out all contract payments to the agency. You may want to check this help article to learn more about how it works for Exclusive vs. Non Exclusive agency members.

~ Arjay
Upwork
uzezzi
Community Member

Glad i found this! I think this is what i'm currently experiencing. I set up my agency last week and all my agents are currently non-exclusive. This morning, i woke up to see a new chat room opened in the agency and it was a chat between my agent and a new client. I am the only business manager and did not send a proposal, however, my agent was chatting with this client. 

The message looked like the client was speaking directly to my agent about her skills and her being a fit for the job. Here are my questions:

1. Is this job for the agency since i see it in our chatroom? I'm a member of the chat room and have access to comment. 

2. If she takes the job, will it be paid to her or the agency (she is non-exclusive)
3. Will i begin to see every conversation that every agent has moving forward? If its their personal business and not about the agency, i shouldn't be seeing it. 

I'm very confused and would like to clarify this. as you an see, the client initiated the conversation to her but this appears in the agency so i'm confused as to whose job it is.as you an see, the client initiated the conversation to her but this appears in the agency so i'm confused as to whose job it is.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths