🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: How can exclusive agency member leave the...
Page options
shaw-wajahat
Community Member

How can exclusive agency member leave their agency? Closing an active agency contract is necessary?

Hello! I had been a freelancer on upwork and now I'm associated with an agency. That is asking me to become an exclusive member of the team which I don't want to. My question is Can I leave the agency anytime if I'm exclusive member? Or will I need the permission of my agency owner to lave the agency. Because I have been a Top Rated freelancer with JSS 100% myself and don't want to be exclusive. What are the restrictions of being an exclusive member apart from not applying on other jobs. If they force me to be exclusive should I be creating a new freelancer's account for that? Because I do value my freelancer account apart from agency.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Wajahat S wrote:

Hello! I had been a freelancer on upwork and now I'm associated with an agency. That is asking me to become an exclusive member of the team which I don't want to.

If they force me to be exclusive should I be creating a new freelancer's account for that? Because I do value my freelancer account apart from agency.

How would they force you to become exclusive? Personally I can not see any reason why anyone who can freelance in their own right would ever dream of agreeing to be exclusive.

If you don't want to be exclusive, don't agree to it, and that's the end of that. Stand your ground!

They say that's their rule of hiring people. But still i want to work for that agency as well.
My question is "Can we leave the agency at any point? Being an exclusive member?"

Thanks

Wajahat S wrote:

They say that's their rule of hiring people. But still i want to work for that agency as well.
My question is "Can we leave the agency at any point? Being an exclusive member?"

Thanks

Yes, you can leave. But I would just tell them that it's MY rule not to work exclusively for an agency. I guess it comes down to whether they need you more than you need them? But you definitely can't create a separate account - it'll get you banned, plus you'd be lying to your agency since you won't be exclusive after all.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009523714-Leave-an-Agency?flash_digest=714468a037d2e...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths