🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: How do I log more than 24 hours a day? I ...
Page options
0a76ed49
Community Member

How do I log more than 24 hours a day? I am an Agency working with an enterprise client

I have a contract with an enterprise client and we have expanded the number of developers that are working on the different client projects. The issue arises when I try to manually log the hours, I have more than 24 hours worth of work and we only have 24 hours per day to log... do you know what are the options we have for this kind of situation?

Thank you in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

For large projects where the scope keeps changing, it is easy to miscalculate the fixed fee project rate.

I will advise against going the Fixed Fee or Bonus route, you already have an agency let him hire more people from the agency and all members log their hours. 

This is the safest route! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ali_amir31
Community Member

You can't add more than 24 hours a day for a single freelancer, best is to ask the client to pay as bonus.

759e32fa

Hi Alexis,

Ali is correct. You cannot log more than 24 hours in a day. If the work cannot be accurately tracked by hourly contract, it would be best to switch to a fixed-price contract.

~ AJ
Upwork
hirenkumar
Community Member

Hi Alexis

The other option is , you can start new contract under your agency from that client

and log hours under stand contract for more than 24 hours that you wan to put

I am freelancer here on upwork but i have agency as well and whenever i want to lodge hours on upwork it doesnt allow me to do so. How i can add more hours to my agency clients.

While the agency features bundles freelancers, time tracking is still on a freelance level, so if you have 48 hours of work completed in one day then you would need to have at least 2 freelancers logging 24 hours each under the agency.  One freelancer cannot log more than 24 hours and you cannot log overlapping time (which makes sense since you can only work on one project at a time).

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

For large projects where the scope keeps changing, it is easy to miscalculate the fixed fee project rate.

I will advise against going the Fixed Fee or Bonus route, you already have an agency let him hire more people from the agency and all members log their hours. 

This is the safest route! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths