cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does an Agency or a company account work on upwork?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Md.Waled B Member Since: Jul 27, 2016
1 of 7

I am very curious about to know an Agency account on upwork! Especially, about the following things:

-How does a member of an agency account get paid?

- Who is the owner- a single person or every member of the agency account?

-Who bid the jobs- a single person (the owner) or every member of the agency account?

- Who controls the agency account- every member or a single person?

-can a single person create an agency account here?

-Which type of account is better to get more clients on upwork- an individual or an agency account?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 7
What is your opinion of the docs for agencies?

Good[ ]
Bad[ ]
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3 of 7
You forgot option c.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 7

Hi Md. Waled,

Here are some answers to your questions:

- Payment for contracts under agency go to the agency's financial account. Then the agency owner or business manager is responsible for paying their agency members for their work outside of Upwork.

- An agency would have one owner and multiple members. Agency members can have different permissions and roles assigned to them by the owner.

- Agency members can bid for jobs for themselves. Owners and business managers can also apply to jobs on behalf of their agency members.

- Members with certain permissions and roles control various aspects of agency's work.

- Agencies are meant for teams of freelancers who want to work together.

You can find more information about agencies here and by searching the Community.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Avish S Member Since: Apr 8, 2019
5 of 7

Hi Val, 

Thank you for the information which is helpful. 

Is the agency profile suitable for me being the founder of the firm and have a team of 5 - 6 associates? I want my 2 associates to help with the bidding process and they need my supervision to work on the projects. Does the earning to my profile or there's? 

I am really seeking detailed information regarding Agency profiles and rules for the same. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 7

Hi Avish,

All the contracts that are under the agency will get paid to the agency's financial account. Regarding the contracts, please note that agencies and their members can decide how to best proceed with agency contracts. All agency members can submit proposals and each proposal draws from the agency’s collective balance of Connects. Business Managers can also submit proposals on behalf of any agency freelancer.

Please read up on these helpful articles to learn more about agencies:

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Avish S Member Since: Apr 8, 2019
7 of 7

Specifically, I need more information on this: 

"Agency members can bid for jobs for themselves." does it mean that this will be their project and will not show under agency profile. What if, the member wants to leave the agency in future. 

In short, I want my employees to assist me on Upwork? How to go about it, thank you so much, Val. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS