🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: How one can split the agency in to 2 new ...
Page options
dhirendodia
Community Member

How one can split the agency in to 2 new agencies ?

Hello,

I have a concern that agency is registred with one real person account, In many cases, 2 partners may have started the company and one of them may have registered it with his account on Upwork.

Over the time agency grows very well. Now after a few years what if they want to split the business and like to run separate agencies with respective to their Upwork account.

Is there a way where we can split the agency into 2 new agencies?

May be records are equally split between 2 and that records can be attached to the newly open agency created by both the partners on their respective Upwork accounts.

This really needs to be there as it's hard to give up your hard work after certain years of efforts on Upwork if a dispute arises between partners.

Please let me know if this is possible or not.

Thanks,
Dhiren

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Dhiren,

If you have a business partner, and you wish to create an agency account, one of you can be invited by the other as a member of the agency and set their permissions accordingly. In case you are looking to work as a separate agency in the future, your partner can create their own agency account using their freelancer account after they have removed themselves as a member of your agency. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I got your solution. The question is Say I have opened an agency called XYZ and run it for 5 years and I already have my partner in it as administrator.

Now the question is after 5 years I and my partner want to separate our business So I have my agency called XYZ and he will open his Agency on his account say ABC.

But for the last 5 years, we work together to completed those 250 projects and 30,000 hours on Upwork.

So now I can split those records so that when he started an agency on his account he can have to say 15000 hours and I have 15000 hours.

It sounds difficult for sure but maybe we can split our client and match it to the agency that way it may be possible.

Please let me know.

Hi Dhiren,

Thanks for the follow-up. I can confirm an agency's Work History can't be divided and there's no way to import contacts and feedback from one agency to a new agency profile. Your partner can ask your current clients to rehire existing agency freelancers under the new agency and thus start building their agency profile and track record.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths