🐈
» Forums » Agencies » How to assign team member to different projec...
Page options
mscpl
Community Member

How to assign team member to different project so that they can run tracker separately

Hello Upwork Community,

Hope you are doing awesome !

I created an agency account and have multiple hourly projects. I added new member in the my agency and want to assign a project to the member. When I try to assign a project to this new member I did not got any option. Even I am not able to see the project when I login to tracker using new member's credentials. PLEASE HELP !

Looking forward to hearing from you soon 

Thanks and Regards, 

CMIPL

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for your question. As Petra mentioned, you cannot assign an agency member to a contract once it has already been created. For hourly contracts, a proposal must be submitted by a Business Manager or the relevant agency member on behalf of that member. Then, when the client sends an offer for that project, it will be in the name of the relevant agency member.

Another option is for the client to send an offer directly to the agency member from their profile, but where that offer goes will depend on the member's exclusivity to the agency. If they are non-exclusive with no default team, the contract will be created under the freelancer. If they are exclusive to the agency or have the agency set as their default team, the contract will be created under the agency.

Please review this help article for more information on the exclusivity and default teams. I also suggest you review this article about agency proposals and offers.

Additionally, please be certain to not log into the account of anyone other than yourself. This is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

Thank you,

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Saurabh A wrote:

I created an agency account and have multiple hourly projects. I added new member in the my agency and want to assign a project to the member. When I try to assign a project to this new member I did not got any option. Even I am not able to see the project when I login to tracker using new member's credentials. PLEASE HELP !

You can't assign a project you have been hired on. Nobody other than yourself is allowed to work on any hourly contracts you were hired on, that would be a violation of Upwork's terms of service.

Clients do not hire agencies, they hire people within the agency.

You also have no business accessing the freelancer's tracker or log into their account. That too is a violation of the terms of service, you may only log into your own account.

If you want future contracts to be done by your agency member the client must hire them through your agency.

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for your question. As Petra mentioned, you cannot assign an agency member to a contract once it has already been created. For hourly contracts, a proposal must be submitted by a Business Manager or the relevant agency member on behalf of that member. Then, when the client sends an offer for that project, it will be in the name of the relevant agency member.

Another option is for the client to send an offer directly to the agency member from their profile, but where that offer goes will depend on the member's exclusivity to the agency. If they are non-exclusive with no default team, the contract will be created under the freelancer. If they are exclusive to the agency or have the agency set as their default team, the contract will be created under the agency.

Please review this help article for more information on the exclusivity and default teams. I also suggest you review this article about agency proposals and offers.

Additionally, please be certain to not log into the account of anyone other than yourself. This is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

Thank you,

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

I don't understand why you can't allow other agency members to input their time on a project too. That's how an agency works outside of upwork. Will this ever change? Is there a reason why Upwork wont accomodate for this common behavior?

Hi Majed,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Currently, each user who is recording time must have their own contract, but we do understand that this is not always ideal. We do hope to deploy improvements to the agency offering in the future, but I do not have specific timelines.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,

If our agency is submitting a proposal 

\

I choose my agency under my account. 

And if clients send an offer or accepted the work will be go to me or i can choose under that "team"?

Hi Ma Eunice,

Where the offer goes depends on a number of variables, but, in general, the offer goes to whichever individual or team submitted the proposal. If you submit the proposal on behalf of an agency member (you cannot submit proposals on behalf of the agency in general), then the corresponding offer would be attached to the agency. For more information, I suggest you review this article I wrote on the differences between Exclusive and Non-Exclusive Agency Members.

Cheers,
Mike

I find it confusing as an agency owner to not be able to assign or re-assign my own team to certain projects. We pay a lot of money for ease-of-use and this is unsettling. I really hope UpWork listens to their community and makes it easier for agency owners or business managers to assign at their discretion. 

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the agency functionality, Carlos. 

I'll make sure to share this with the team for their consideration.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths