🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: How to change agency owner?
Page options
makebecool-1
Community Member

How to change agency owner?

Hello!

Is it possible to change agency owner from one to another? There are an agency and team respectively and I want to change the owner to another person from team.

How can I do it?

Thanks!

44 REPLIES 44
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Liza,

If giving the other person admin permissions isn't enough, you need to contact support and request for the ownership of the agency to be transferred. The team will provide more information about the process.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello!

Is it possible to change an agency owner from one to another? There are an agency and team respectively and I want to change the owner to another person from the team.

How can I do it?

Thanks!

Hi Paramjeet,

I checked your account, and I can see that you already have submitted a ticket regarding your concern with transferring ownership of your agency. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f8b0d06a
Community Member

i am also wanted to transfer ownership to someone else, how i can do that, and
I have a client who wishes to hire me directly on my separate talent profile, even though we already have an active contract on my agency profile. I am unsure of how to proceed in this situation and would appreciate your guidance.

Hi Usman,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey Valeria, I need your assisitance in transferring my agency ownership to my team member in agency profile. Please help me on this urgently.

Hi Pratap,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
59035e79
Community Member

Hi Andrea, i would like help with this as well please. Need to change my agency ownership

Hi Tasha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, Valeria! Trying to create ticket through https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new this link leads me to error page. How am I to transfer ownership of the agency to one of my colleagues who is already in the agency's list? is it possible from agency's menu now?

Hi Eugene,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
altermythstudio
Community Member

Hi,

i do have the same issue here. According to your TOS related to account information, i do realize that it seems my account is violating your TOS.

However, since i already created an agency account, i want to transfer my agency ownership to members of the team and delete this account after.

Can you guys help me out, thanks 🙂

Hi Altermyth,

Our Customer Support team can assist you with transferring the ownership of your agency to another freelancer but you'll need to complete the required procedure for your account first.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir, 

can u lead me to the procedure? thanks.

Hi Altermyth,

Please check the notifications our team sent you recently and use the link provided in the most recent one in order to verify your identity.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vlad,

Unfortunately, i didn't get any notification. 

I add the screenshot in the attachment, it's the preview of all the notifications from this account.

Hi Altermyth,

Our team sent you an email notification, that wouldn't be reflected in your notification list but can be accessed by selecting the question mark icon > selecting Help and Support > My Requests on the Help Center page. Let me know if you need additional help in accessing the team's request.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Ok i'll follow the instruction. Thanks!

Hi,Can you please guide me ,How to take ownership our Agency account(Register Under odesk law).I would like to take ownership .Just want to know document required and  others procedure and how much time it will take.Thanks Vladimir you help us a lot.

the owner has to give it to you. you can't just take it. lol

Mam,Thanks for reply.We live at INDIA.Here everything not digital.It will take time time.Before post here We have discussed .Please guide  me how to proceed .There have 4 option

1. Sell the business outright.

2) Lease your business

3) Offer a lease to own contract

4) Transferring ownership.

We will proceed as per feedback.

@Swarnendu C wrote:

Mam,Thanks for reply.We live at INDIA.Here everything not digital.It will take time time.Before post here We have discussed .Please guide  me how to proceed .There have 4 option

1. Sell the business outright.

2) Lease your business

3) Offer a lease to own contract

4) Transferring ownership.

We will proceed as per feedback.

I would read this thread, but you can't just take an agency. Think about that and ask yourself if that would be a good thing to allow. 

Mam,Can its possible for you create a ticket ,So that we will short out this issue..4 full family members depends on us.And we 100 % ( Not 99 % ) depends on upwork.And atpresent we have no option.

No, but you can. They aren't going to give you an agency just because you want it. You can all leave the current one and make your own, but the owner owns it and they won't give it to someone else without the owner's permission. lol Think about the 45 different ways that would be wrong.

Hi Swarnendu, 

Please follow the steps shared by Valeria above which I will also share here: 
"If giving the other person admin permissions isn't enough, you needto contact support and request for the ownership of the agency to be transferred. The team will provide more information about the process."

~ Avery
Upwork

Not able to create ticket everytime redirect here .

Hello Mam,

How come an owner transfer its Ownership to his/her agency member? Please let me know the process to do this task.

Hi Ganesh,

Please follow the steps that Valeria already shared: 
"If giving the other person admin permissions isn't enough, you need to contact support and request for the ownership of the agency to be transferred. The team will provide more information about the process."   Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Swarnendu,

One of our agents will contact you directly.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello !

Is it possible to have 2 agency owners, or only 1 person allowed?

@Yuri K

There is a parallel thread about two agency owners. We are still waiting for a solution.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Two-agency-owners/m-p/698384#M424869

James and Yuri,

Please, refer to my reply on this thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork
erbis
Community Member

Hello,

We need to change an agency owner. Please, contact me.

Hi Irene,

~Andrea
Upwork
vanya-y
Community Member

Hi,

We need to change an agency owner.

Thank you.

Hi Ivan,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikolas,

I am taking retirement from managing my company account and want to transfer it to one of my managers who will take care of it. She will be the sole owner of it after that. Can you please create a support ticket and suggest to me further steps of it.

Thank you

Hi Dhupa,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
timpolomani
Community Member

Hello!

We need to transfer ownership of our agency urgently. Could you help us?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths