cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get work as an agency?

Highlighted
IdeastoVideos I Member Since: Oct 22, 2020
1 of 6

I am new to Upwork and have registered myself as a freelancer after reading community guidelines.

Now the question is, when I try to send application to any new client, it is sent as a freelancer, not as my agency. I don't want to work independently as I have stopped it for now. How can I apply for projects using my agency account?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

IdeastoVideos I wrote:

I am new to Upwork and have registered myself as a freelancer after reading community guidelines.

No, you didn't, unless your parents really did call you "IdeastoVideos" - you also don't HAVE an Upwork agency added to your account and your entire profile is a bunch of policy violations....

Your profile has to be in your own, legal name and describe you, not your agency. You'd have to add an agency account to your freelancer account and add all your agency member, then pay the agency plan ($20 per month) and then you could work as an agency.

At the moment, you can't.

Highlighted
3 of 6

I can't change my name, tried doing so.

And apart from that, can I get work for my independent LLP company?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 6

IdeastoVideos I wrote:

I can't change my name, tried doing so.

You'll need Customer Support to help you.

IdeastoVideos I wrote:

And apart from that, can I get work for my independent LLP company?

Once your have sorted out your freelancer account, you can create an agency account as described here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
5 of 6

Okay. Thank you Petra!

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 6

Hi there,

As Petra mentioned, your profile name should be your real name. Regarding the name change, you should be able to request it. Could you please let us know if you are receiving an error while trying to do so?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS