🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: How to get work as an agency?
Page options
ideastovideos
Community Member

How to get work as an agency?

I am new to Upwork and have registered myself as a freelancer after reading community guidelines.

Now the question is, when I try to send application to any new client, it is sent as a freelancer, not as my agency. I don't want to work independently as I have stopped it for now. How can I apply for projects using my agency account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IdeastoVideos I wrote:

I can't change my name, tried doing so.

You'll need Customer Support to help you.

IdeastoVideos I wrote:

And apart from that, can I get work for my independent LLP company?

Once your have sorted out your freelancer account, you can create an agency account as described here.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

IdeastoVideos I wrote:

I am new to Upwork and have registered myself as a freelancer after reading community guidelines.

No, you didn't, unless your parents really did call you "IdeastoVideos" - you also don't HAVE an Upwork agency added to your account and your entire profile is a bunch of policy violations....

Your profile has to be in your own, legal name and describe you, not your agency. You'd have to add an agency account to your freelancer account and add all your agency member, then pay the agency plan ($20 per month) and then you could work as an agency.

At the moment, you can't.

IdeastoVideos I wrote:

You'll need Customer Support to help you.

IdeastoVideos I wrote:

Once your have sorted out your freelancer account, you can create an agency account as described here.

Okay. Thank you Petra!

Hi there,

As Petra mentioned, your profile name should be your real name. Regarding the name change, you should be able to request it. Could you please let us know if you are receiving an error while trying to do so?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Petra,

I  have created an agency profile as well in addition to my freelancer account. I wanted to know how can I submit the proposal as an agency account? is it the same way as the freelancer does and then  you get an option whether you want to submit the proposal as freelancer or as an agency. Is that correct? What I do is I go to "Find Work> "Find jobs" and then find work by entering the details in the " Search" bar as per my agencies expertise e.g Software Development etc. But I usually get to see jobs which need only single freelnacers and not see projects for agencies. Let me know if I doing something wrong. 

I also wanted to know how can I find a freelancer to add in "My Team" as an Agency?. I  have created a "Client Profile as well on the name of my agency so can I find the freelancer from that profile?. I have realized that I can search  for talent  from Agency profile as well(Please refer the screenshot as reference). Can I search like this? What is the difference between searching the talent from the agecy profile and hiring it from the client profile? What is the use of the Project section?(Please refer the screenshot). When I click on this section it states that I will not able to buy this project using this account(Agency account)(Please refer the screenshot).I think these are the services that I can only buy  when I use client profile. Is that correct?Kindly let me know the details.

Regards,

Danish

Hi Danish,

Thank you for your questions. Proposals from your agency profile are sent just like you mentioned, since you're a non-exclusive member of your agency, you get to choose whether you want your proposal to go through your agency or independently.

Also, a client profile is not intended to find other freelancers who can join your agency, but rather to hire freelancers for jobs you post in the marketplace. Typically, agencies are teams of professionals that already know each other and work together outside of Upwork. When such companies bring their business on Upwork and would like to use the platform for work, they can add their team members to their Upwork agency. 

Lastly, the "Project" section is intended for you to hire freelancers through your client profile, to complete those projects using our Project Catalog feature. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate that.So what do you suggest then. If I bid for the project as an agency then should I include a freelancer in the agency first or win a project first and then hire a freelancer through a client? I dont know much companies who will be interested in taking their businesses on upwork so that I could include them in my team so I would like to know what can be best in my case...

Thanks,

Danish

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths