cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pay agency member his salary but hourly rate?

kadutskyi-mykola
Mykola K Member Since: Feb 11, 2017
1 of 4

Hi, I'm looking for more profound information about upwork agency. I really can't find information about how to pay to freelancers in my agency. As I understand I will receive all money to agency account. Amout of money will be determained by agency rate and hours my teammember worked for the project. But I couldn't find information how can I pay to teammember his part. 

For exapmple, I created an agency and set its rate for 25$, then I invited a freelancer for 20$ per hour. He worked 40 hours, so it would be 40*25 = 1000$ (I should receive in agency account) , and I need to pay freelancer 20*40 = 800$ . Is it possible to do it automatically? 

Also, do teammembers need to pay upwork fee for money from agency, or agency will pay?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Mykola,

Payments on contracts under your agency will go to your agency account. You are then responsible for paying your agency members directly. Please, see this help article for more information:

All contracts are paid to the agency's account. Your balance will be sent to you on a schedule, or you can access your funds at any time (the same as for individual freelancers). How you manage your agency's earnings from there is up to you.

• The agency (not Upwork) is responsible for paying agency members. Payments from agencies to agency members are not protected or facilitated by Upwork.
  • How much the agency members are to be paid is determined by the agency and the agency members. It may or may not bear any relation to the earnings on their Upwork contracts.
  • Agencies are responsible for maintaining proper tax records and worker classification. Agency members may be classified as either freelancers or employees of their agency. Please also see the Upwork User Agreement.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 4

@Mykola K wrote:

1)  For exapmple, I created an agency and set its rate for 25$, then I invited a freelancer for 20$ per hour. He worked 40 hours, so it would be 40*25 = 1000$

2) ...and I need to pay freelancer 20*40 = 800$ . Is it possible to do it automatically? 

1) 40*25 = 1000$  minus Upwork fee minus VAT where applicable

2)  How you pay the agency freelancer is up to you. You can pay them cash, do a PayPal payment, pay in camels and chocolate cake... it has nothing to do with Upwork.

opiyuth
Ricardo R Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
4 of 4

lol what is the exchange rate for camels to chocolates in Europe?