Hi, I'm looking for more profound information about upwork agency. I really can't find information about how to pay to freelancers in my agency. As I understand I will receive all money to agency account. Amout of money will be determained by agency rate and hours my teammember worked for the project. But I couldn't find information how can I pay to teammember his part.
For exapmple, I created an agency and set its rate for 25$, then I invited a freelancer for 20$ per hour. He worked 40 hours, so it would be 40*25 = 1000$ (I should receive in agency account) , and I need to pay freelancer 20*40 = 800$ . Is it possible to do it automatically?
Also, do teammembers need to pay upwork fee for money from agency, or agency will pay?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Payments on contracts under your agency will go to your agency account. You are then responsible for paying your agency members directly. Please, see this help article for more information:
All contracts are paid to the agency's account. Your balance will be sent to you on a schedule, or you can access your funds at any time (the same as for individual freelancers). How you manage your agency's earnings from there is up to you.
- The agency (not Upwork) is responsible for paying agency members. Payments from agencies to agency members are not protected or facilitated by Upwork.
- How much the agency members are to be paid is determined by the agency and the agency members. It may or may not bear any relation to the earnings on their Upwork contracts.
- Agencies are responsible for maintaining proper tax records and worker classification. Agency members may be classified as either freelancers or employees of their agency. Please also see the Upwork User Agreement.
@Mykola K wrote:
1) For exapmple, I created an agency and set its rate for 25$, then I invited a freelancer for 20$ per hour. He worked 40 hours, so it would be 40*25 = 1000$
2) ...and I need to pay freelancer 20*40 = 800$ . Is it possible to do it automatically?
1) 40*25 = 1000$ minus Upwork fee minus VAT where applicable
2) How you pay the agency freelancer is up to you. You can pay them cash, do a PayPal payment, pay in camels and chocolate cake... it has nothing to do with Upwork.
Learn more about our awesome Community member Claudia!Learn More
We've added a meeting scheduling tool and an option to sync with your Google or Microsoft calendar to help you streamline interviews and work meetings on Upwork.Learn More
We're releasing a suite of new features for Project Catalog™ designed to help talent promote projects.Learn More
In the webinar, we teach you how to create a project, how to best utilize Project Catalog™ for your independent business, as well as share some best practices and helpful resources.Learn More