🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Information on Upwork Agency
Page options
db968199
Community Member

Information on Upwork Agency

I've been a SaaS content strategist for over a decade and decided to work as a freelancer. However, it's very difficult getting a job. I've sent dozens of proposals and the people who have replied either stop responding or turn away after a month of conducting interviews. 

I'd like to know more about Upwork agency. What is it and how can I join one? Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
iwan-spillebeen
Community Member

You can create your own agency, as per the definition, agencies on UpWork are a group of freelancers who have come together on Upwork. Freelancers who join an agency may do all their work through an agency (exclusive) or may maintain independent contracts too (non-exclusive). The only way to join an agency is to be invited by an agency administrator.

There are no guarantees that you will more work or even any work through an agency than going solo, unless you group up with people with skills complementary to your own that add a bigger value proposition to the client.

You might be better off looking at the freelancer forum "looking for help" "improve profile" and related topics, you have been on UpWork for a total of 5 days according to your profile.  It takes time to find clients, get your first job, and built up a reputation on a platform.

Also, make sure you check these:

Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you for the reply!

I joined Upwork community recently but I've been on Upwork for three months now. I'll look into those courses as well.

Thanks for your question and answer by Iwan S.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths