🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Invitation to member of my client's Agenc...
Page options
a0ad3019
Community Member

Invitation to member of my client's Agency

Hello,

I was invited to be a team member of the agency that my client created. However, the invitation is not on the same email I am using for my freelancer account. It was sent to my work email under the company. 

Could you please assist me moving forward?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Manilyn,

Yes, your client should send an invitation to the email address associated with your account. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manilyn,

You should be invited using the email address that is associated with your Upwork account. You may consider resending the invite or updating your email address. 

~Andrea
Upwork
a0ad3019
Community Member

Hello Andrea.

I will ask the client to resend the invitation. Also, if I'll be joining the agency of my client, in case I would like to apply for another one-off project will it still be possible?

Hi Manilyn,

Please know that agency members who are exclusive work on Upwork only as part of their agency. This is the most common type of agency relationship. Their profile and proposals are branded with the agency to make the agency’s part in the work relationship clear to clients. All contracts payments are paid out to the agency.

Agency members who are non-exclusive can work on Upwork independently or as part of an agency. When the contract is with the freelancer as an agency member, contract payments are paid out to the agency. However, contracts independent of the agency are paid directly to the freelancer. Non-exclusive agency members have the option to submit proposals as a freelancer or as an agency member. You can find more information on this page

You can find more information about working for an agency on Upwork in this help article

Regarding your question about creating another account. Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts as this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a0ad3019
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

In this case, if the client wants me to be a member of her agency as a Teammate, she should be inviting me to the same email address associated with my Upwork account, right? 

Hi Manilyn,

Yes, your client should send an invitation to the email address associated with your account. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
a0ad3019
Community Member

Hello,

I will ask my client to invite me to my email associated with my Upwork Account.

a0ad3019
Community Member

Hello, 
Regarding the same concern, I had spoken to my client again and she is wondering if I can sign in with my same profile using another email address for our Agency? Coz under the agency I want to use my work email, should that be possible?

a0ad3019
Community Member

Hello!

Can someone assist me here?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths