🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Is it advantageous to create an agency on Upw...
Page options
mattgriffinusa
Community Member

Is it advantageous to create an agency on Upwork?

As a freelancer, I'm getting too busy and so I'm working with a team to divide out the work. All of my sub-freelancers are highly specialized and are arguably better than me in their respective fields. I'm project managing and am doing all the client communication.

Essentially, this is an agency. But it's unclear to me what advantages there are to creating an agency entity in Upwork. 

What are your thoughts here?

Thanks,
Matt

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Matt,

About creating an agency, we leave this decision entirely to the freelancer. If you are looking to work on bigger projects and work with other freelancers, then creating an agency might be the option for you. To help you decide, please check out the following resources:

Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Matt G wrote:

As a freelancer, I'm getting too busy and so I'm working with a team to divide out the work. All of my sub-freelancers are highly specialized and are arguably better than me in their respective fields. I'm project managing and am doing all the client communication.

Is that done with your clients' permission and consent, on fixed rate contracts? All your ongoing contracts appear to be hourly?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths