🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Maximum Potential of an Upwork Agency
Page options
xdzain461
Community Member

Maximum Potential of an Upwork Agency

Hey Upwork Agency Owners!

I have been successfully running an Agency on Upwork with a remote team for a couple of years and now i am planning to move to office-based environment and assemble a team of Business Developers and project Managers. 

Do upwork agency has enough potential to generate $20,000-40,000 per month in order to run a very successful Software House and can we eventually move to $100,000/month revenue considering we have a cluster of Business Developers working with us?

I am just asking this question here as I have reached a maximum of 7,000 a month thus far in my journey on Upwork and it was little effort so discussing it with fellow agency owners/managers who are running successful software houses being only relied on Upwork for clients.

Cheers,

Zain 

7 REPLIES 7
6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Opportunities are endless. But revenue fluctuates. The more employees you have, more difficult it will be to support them when demand is low.

Yeah, I agree. Its already fluctuating with 5-7 Employees but my point is what if we have a whole team of Business Developers. I am very keen to start a Software house but there are no other leads sources beside Upwork 

There are loads of lead sources outside of UpWork, literally thousands, if you want to start a physical agency I would not limit myself to lead sourcing on UpWork only.  If you have a team of business developers then incentivise them to generate leads or pay them a commission on projects signed. 

Ivan, Could you name some? I have spent all my time to work as a freelancer as well as grow my micro-agency on Upwork, I found Upwork really decent as very less time and money is consumed to generate leads, never thought of any other lead sources

Hi would like to be a freelancer too

Unfortunately no, I'm not going to list competitive marketplace on a marketplace forum, I'm pretty sure that would be against the rules of the forum.  But this is really easy to search on Google.

365b0c38
Community Member

Hi, Zain 

Iam intersted to work with you 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths