🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Most of the clients prefer Independent contra...
Page options
techgenieio
Community Member

Most of the clients prefer Independent contractors over agencies - Or is it just me?

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to Upwork (joined in December 2019) and was able to score an on-going project which is still up and running. I recently started noticing this trend that most of the jobs posted clearly say "No agencies" or something like "FreeLancers only, no teams"

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed it?

When I started an agency I was of the opinion that agencies get more consideration and rep points as they more trustworthy, have someone available to talk to the client and address any issues they may be facing on a priority basis if not real-time and agencies always have SOPs in place not to mention a diverse talent pool to help one another, if and when required. Project managers are always available for daily/weekly standups. 

Am I missing something critical here? 

Regards,

Ike

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Iqtadar,

Every client has specific qualifications they look for in hiring a freelancer for their project. If they only need one freelancer for the job, then they would most likely prefer those individual freelancers and not those associated with agencies. You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile, and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths