🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Moving freelancer contract under agency
Page options
thedesignhero
Community Member

Moving freelancer contract under agency

Hi,

One of our non-exclusive freelancer accepted the job offer thinking that he is doing it on the behalf of agency but it went into his personal account. He said there was no option to select the job on the behalf of agency in mobile app. 

Now this is not desirable for many reasons as the client is a regular client of agency and has payment history with agency which makes the UpWork commission less on the agency contracts. 

Is it possible to move this contract under agency for that freelancer or if its not possible then what is the safest way to move the contract? can we close that contract (Without billing) and make a new one under agency? is there any effect on freelancers JSS? 

Can we close it with logging one hour and then making a new contract under agency? is there anything against UpWork policy? 

Muzzammil

Business Manager at **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muzzammil,

In order for the agency to receive the contract, the client will need to send a new offer to the agency. 

Regarding JSS, when a contract without earnings is closed, while the parties won’t be able to provide public feedback, they can still provide private feedback. If the client provides positive private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from JSS. If the client specifies in their feedback that the contract had a negative outcome, that will be counted in the score. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
thedesignhero
Community Member

Freelancers default team was not agency, that is why the contract went into his personal freelancer account instead of agency account. 

Rest of the question stands as it is, i.e. safest way to move the contract without violating UpWork policy. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muzzammil,

In order for the agency to receive the contract, the client will need to send a new offer to the agency. 

Regarding JSS, when a contract without earnings is closed, while the parties won’t be able to provide public feedback, they can still provide private feedback. If the client provides positive private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from JSS. If the client specifies in their feedback that the contract had a negative outcome, that will be counted in the score. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much. I got the answer. 

Hello, I have one issue with recent acitivity. One my client contract is running  on my individual account and yesterday he asked me to work on new work so I said him to send me offer under agency account and now he told me that his job is deleted due to violation activity. My concern is that if I ask to move my client for new work on my agency account then its a violation? I have added my agency account recently.

There is no violation in creating a new contract under your agency account (or vice-versa).

The "violation activity" was something on your client's end - possibly the job post violated the ToS or their payment method no longer works.

Thank You Jonathan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths