🐈
» Forums » Agencies » My agency's contract hourly rate is showing p...
Page options
jvbonzi
Community Member

My agency's contract hourly rate is showing publicly on my freelancer's work history

My agency's contract hourly rate is showing publicly on my freelancer's work history. Am I doing something wrong? Even after turning my earnings private.

The contract hourly rate should be confidential, isnt it?

Am I doing something wrong or that's the way it is? 

Sem título.png

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Vitor,

When an agency member completes a contract under the agency, it will show on both the freelancer's and the agency's profile in the Work History section.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jvbonzi
Community Member

Thanks Joanne,

but in this link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009646553-Agency-Settings-and-Permissions says that "can't see their rates on their reports or contracts". It's confusing for me. 

Member Roles

• Agency Freelancer – Does work on behalf of the agency. Can submit proposals, but can't accept/decline offers. Can see reports about their own work, but can't see their rates on their reports or contracts. Can see their profile rates unless a manager hides them via the roster settings.

Hi Vitor, 

Please know that the Settings and Permissions allow agency owners and admins to set agency members' roles and permissions. This is intended to set roles and the agency members' access to the agency account. This doesn't involve your freelancer profile settings.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jvbonzi
Community Member

I understand. It's a not well-thought feature implemented in Upwork, IMHO. Contract info is not confidential that way. Even by turning my earnings visibility to private, others can see it in the freelancer's account, so it's definitely not private. It does not make it clear in the "Help" links regarding Agencies provided by Upwork as well. This is very frustrating and disappointing.

Hi Vitor, 

I'm sorry if you feel that way. If you need any help or need to clarify any information, please feel free to reach out. We are here to help you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths