🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Negative Balance After Gave Refund
Page options
shahzadwaheed0
Community Member

Negative Balance After Gave Refund

So, I had a contract under my agency profile. after I spent 10 hours on that project the client thought that my approach to work is not they way he wanted. So, I refunded him that amount and the contract continues after we discuss the correct approach. After I refunded him, I am seeing $79 in negative in my agency earnings. And when I log hours for my other contract under same agency (which I own), the earned amount for those hours is added to negative balance which means I had $79 in negative, I earned $10 from another hourly job and it got added in my negative balance, example: 

-79+10 = -$69

Why is my balance is negative when I have already refunded the amount that I earned? If the refunded amount was already deducted and deposited in the client's account then what is this negative balance all about? 

Thanks 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Shahzad,

I checked and the transaction is already showing as refunded. Please know that the amount you refunded will be the only funds returned to the client, and the recent earnings you have for the current contract will not be included in the transaction initiated. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shahzad,

Looks like you're referring to the balance that is showing under your Reports tab, is that correct? If so, then this is showing correctly since the refund amount is shoving as the negative balance for the week that report is created for.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Let me clarify. I never withdrew amount earned from this contract that I refunded so technically the refunded amount was rolled back from my pending section (I guess) then why am I seeing this negative balance now? 

Does it mean I will not receive amount from other contracts in my account unless this negative balance is again added up to become positive? 

Plus, why amount from other hourly contracts is being added not being added to funds?

Plus why is it pending? Thanks

**Edited for community guidelines**

Why is it pending? This is refunded one

Hi Shahzad,

I checked and the amount showing in your account is correct. It is showing you the amount provided for the workweek that has been issued for refund. The $79 refund is coming from the refund transaction you did this week. The Reports Overview reflects real-time transactions/balance for this week which also explains why you are seeing a negative amount because you just logged hours for another contract. You may also want to check here to view the transaction history. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Does it mean that Upwork will only refund the amount that I earned from the affected contract and not from other contracts that I am working on? And how long will it take to refund and clear up everything under my agency finances?

Hi Shahzad,

I checked and the transaction is already showing as refunded. Please know that the amount you refunded will be the only funds returned to the client, and the recent earnings you have for the current contract will not be included in the transaction initiated. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi experts, can you see my agency earnings? I have to spend like 10 hours on a contract but the total earned from that contract appears to be $10 when the contract was $10/hour? 

Thanks 🙂

I complete an order for $35 but the dollar is in Remaining in my account. Resolve by praying.

please check photo

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Monnaf,

Since your contract is now closed, the client can only issue a bonus payment or hire you on a new contract so that you can get paid. 

I checked your contract and I would like to clarify that you have closed the contract from your end. When you're closing a fixed price contract if there are any funds in Escrow they will be returned back to the client.
Going forward, if you have any active milestones you can submit your work on your milestone and be patient for up to 14 days. If no actions are taken from the client end the funds will be released to you after 14 days. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi experts, can you see my agency earnings? I have to spend like 10 hours on a contract but the total earned from that contract appears to be $10 when the contract was $10/hour? 

Thanks 🙂

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Shahzad,

You have hours logged this week, this work week has not ended yet. Timesheet for this week will be available for the client’s review next week and the payment will be released to you on Wednesday the week after. You can find more information about how that works here. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

This wasn't my questions. My question was normally I see total amount for the logged hours in the reports section but in with this particular contract, I am not seeing PricePerHour X TotalHours = TotalAmount

which means I have logged more than 10 hours which means total should be displayed as $100 but I see only $10 in total. I understand that week has not ended yet but it always shows up right in the reports against logged hours. 

I hope you get my question 🙂

Hi Shahzad, 

I check this for you and I can see that number of hours was correctly updated under your report. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

neww ss.PNG

See, I switched the browser and it still isn't showing the right income. I logged more than 10 hours (10/hour) but in total section I see wrong result. 

Hello Shahzad,

I checked and noticed that there is a pending refund applied this week to your agency account. This means your total weekly earnings will be calculated after deducting the refund amount from your total weekly earnings.

Thank you.
Pradeep H.

Upwork
b75e7c96
Community Member

Hello Team , I am also facing same problem after refunding my balance is showing -23.72$ but I haven't worked or logged time for that I automatically showed that plz help me.

Hi Zakwan,

I can see that one of our agents reached out to you via a support ticket. You may want to check the information shared by our team here

~ Joanne
Upwork
b75e7c96
Community Member

even thought i talked to client they haven't asked for any refund , plz help me

Same issue for me. Did you resolved it or not ?

faisalamin47
Community Member

Hi support team please help me!

By mistake I refund and show negative balance even my earning from client in review and client not ask me for refund

Please help me how can I cancel or revert refund transaction

If any confirmation need from me or client side I'll give you

My contract is also continue !

Thanks in advance

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Please you suggest me how this issue resolved

You have already face this issue from other freelancer or not

If transaction in pending then support team have access to cancel the transaction?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths