🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Non-exclusive agency members earnings
Page options
tarik_hawamdeh
Community Member

Non-exclusive agency members earnings

Hello,

I'm as an agency manager is surprising why the profile of non-exclusive members has reflected the total earned by $ with the actual rate of the freelancer with the client?

In my opinion, the agency member should have a contract with agency not with client directly as it is now. And the client should have a contract with agency, in other words, it should have the same way as it is in a normal business, for example when I'm working as an employee in a company I have a contract with the company and I know my earnings within my company but I don't know the earnings of the company with their clients. This is a very important point that should be considered with the agency settings otherwise I don't see the need to pay for agency plus.

Every Freelancer has a right to search for a job within he is exclusive or non-exclusive, maybe the Upwork should have a third party that could be between exclusive and non-exclusive to meet a normal business deal?

9 REPLIES 9
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Tarik,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. For exclusive agency members, you have an option to hide profile rates, which prevents agency members from seeing rates and earnings on their own profiles or the agency's profile. That option isn't available for non-exclusive members by design. 

It's also by design that when an agency member hired for a contract under the agency, that contract will show on both the agency's and their own profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, thank you for your reply!!!

Yes, I know that the option to hide earnings with exclusive Is available but the freelancer with exclusive will not be able to search another work while he is exclusive, and he/she will ask me to turn them to non-exclusive as Upwork doesn’t allow to have two accounts. Even that when I turn the member from exclusive to non-exclusive all the earnings will appear in his/her profile, and then they can see their real rate with the agency client. Your answer seems to me you didn’t understand my point. This is not a normal business deal when the agency can’t hide the actual earning from their employee. I'm really disappointing on that because I really don’t see the actual purpose to build a team with agency using Upwork if there is no privacy in earning. The exclusive member are not work, it’s like I’m taking from the person his passport and told him to work with me. It’s not the way to deal with.
Hope you got what I’m talking about

So basically I own an Upwork agency and I assign a contract with my clients in order to serve them, the contract should be made between agency and client. And all agency members will earn a salary as they should be assigned a contract with agency not with client, and the members should not be allowed to see their earnings from the agency's client, they can see the earning which they agreed with agency. When I’m getting a person to my team I’m discussing with him his salary, I will not give him all the earnings of my contract with the client and I will not tell him that I’m earning for example 10$ while you will get 5$ as you are an agency member, he/she will not work with my agency in that case. Otherwise, no need for agency at all, why to pay for agency plus or why to build an agency if all member are seeing the earnings from particular client. The exclusive is NOT an option, it’s really NOT WORKING because no one will work as exclusive member because they will not be able to search for a work. In normal life when person are working with a company he knows his salary not the company earnings from their clients, and he always has an option to search for other job. I really hope you get my point.

Hi Tarik,

I've escalated your concern to our team, and one of our team members will also reach out to you, providing further assistance regarding your concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, Joanne!

I appreciate your concern and thank you for the great work that you provide.

Best regards,
Tarik

146ec28f
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I also would like to know how can fixed-price contracts value be private only for myself, and not be visible to agency members. As an agency owner, I negotiate a price with my team members and with the client, and I don't really want to have a discussion like "why you charged this amount and I got this...".

Can you help me?

Thx in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrei,

While you can hide the hourly rates of your exclusive agency members, unfortunately, you can't hide the budget information on clients' job posts.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
asim_
Community Member

I have the same issue , can someone please explain how can we hide this information from non exclusive members ?

Hi Asim,

To hide your agency earnings, please go to Find Work  Agency Roster. Please click the box for Keep the earnings in my Upwork history private. You may also want to check this help article for more information about managing Agency Roster and Visibility

~ Joanne
Upwork
asim_
Community Member

Will it hide from non exclusive agency members, according to the documentation it will hide from general public ? Does that include non exclusive agency members as well ?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths