🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Payment Declined by client's bank - next step...
Page options
queppelintech
Community Member

Payment Declined by client's bank - next steps?

A client of mine hired me on upwork and we successfully completed the project. The payment (tracked in accordance with upwork hourly) was visible to be released to me in the upcoming days in my transaction history. We mutually decided to end the contract with a great feedback for each other.

On the day of the payment, the bank declined the same. The payment method of the client was verified at the time of entering into the contract. Now I have completed the work and ended the contract but have no signs of the payment. We tried another contract and make a bonus payment but no success. 

The client reached out to his bank (Punjab National Bank, India) and the bank declines it to upwork on the issue that upwork is an unverified source. Probably a CVV issue.

1) How should I receive the payment?

2) Why does upwork show the payment in the transaction page when it has not received the same from the bank?

3) What provisions does upwork make incase the bank declines such a transaction (online)?

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Nick,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team already reached out to your client to get this resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we won't able to share more information about the issue here in the community, but rest assured that our team will continue to assist your client. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths