🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Payment method not verified for TransferW...
Page options
northbound-digtl
Community Member

Payment method not verified for TransferWise corporate checking account

I have an error msg, "beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name"

My corporate checking account is TransferWise and I am using my Agency name as the account holder.

Any ideas how to fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Robbie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Robbie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi There!

I'm havin the same problem than Robbie. I want to use my Transferwise IBAN but "Bank not found" error shows up everytime I want to confirm the info.

Can you please help with this?

Thank you.

Hi Fabian,

Please know that Transferwise is currently not supported as a payment method on Upwork. You can check other available options by going to your Get Paid page (Settings > Get Paid), and clicking on the "Add method" button. 

You may also refer to this help article for more information on what payment methods are supported on Upwork. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sukhi_4424
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support Team,

I am an independent freelancer working from Canada and I want to know can I link my corporation bank account as my default bank account in Upwork?

Also, should the name of my corporation be same as my verified name on upwork profile or corporation name could be anything?

Thanks

Hi Sukhpreet,

To use any payment method to withdraw funds from your Upwork account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account. If there's any need for verification, the team would reach out to you directly to further assist you. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1c4509e1
Community Member

Hi! I am having the same problem here. I've changed my account name already to match my TransferWise account for my payment method but I can see that my verified name is still not changed. Hope someone can help! Thanks 🙂

Hi Centaine, 

Our team has already reached out to you to complete your verification. Once this is completed your payment method will be activated as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
55f0eab0
Community Member

Hi, my payment system does not verify (Payoner, PayPal) informing me that the name of the cardholder does not match the name of the account holder. Everything is listed the same, help me solve the problem.

Hi Arina,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days. In order to withdraw earnings, please complete a W8BEN Foreign Status Certification.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths