🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Payment process
Page options
nobedoza
Community Member

Payment process

Hi,

One of my agent wants to resign to one of our campaign and wants to get her upwork account which was linked under our agency. Just want to ask, if I remove her on my agency, is she getting the pay under her account or still under our agencies account. Please advise.

Thanks,  

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noemy,

Once the Freelancer leaves the Agency, she'll only be able to have contracts as an independent freelancer and be paid to her account. Please note that if the Freelancer has any contracts through the Agency, they'll need to be closed before she's able to leave the Agency.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
nobedoza
Community Member

Once we close the contract, and we remove her on out team, are we still gonna be getting the payment 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noemy,

This depends on the contract. If there are any hourly payments that are In Review or any hourly or fixed-price payments that are Pending, they will still be processed even if the contract is closed. In any case, before closing a contract, it's best to communicate with the Client and politely explain everything to avoid any misunderstanding.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
nobedoza
Community Member

the only thing i want to make sure is if the payment will still fall under
the agency

Noemy,

Yes, if the freelancer was hired for a contract under the agency all payments for that contract will go to the agency account. Agency owner will then be responsible for paying the freelancer according to the agreement they have with that freelancer.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths