🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Payment transferred to Closed Bank Account
Page options
bansal-shashank
Community Member

Payment transferred to Closed Bank Account

Hi, I had a auto payment schedule and the payment from upwork was transferred to my bank account which i already closed. Is there a way to stop the payment ?

13 REPLIES 13
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shashank,

I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I had the same problem, my payment was transferred to a closed bank account. What can I do to get the transfer back?

Thank you so much,

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to cancel the transaction at this moment. This withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn't reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you. Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you so much, noted for all this information.

hi there , i have done thesame, can you help me return it back to upwork? tahnk you

Hi Rolando,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shashank,

Thanks for waiting patiently. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the withdrawal.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jrussellit
Community Member

Hello. I have the same issue. Will someone please contact me?

Hi Justin,

If the funds can't be applied to your account because it's closed, they will be returned to Upwork automatically. Please allow about 7 days for this to happen. That said, if more than 8 business days pass, please follow up with us. 

~Andrea
Upwork
f353a98b
Community Member

Hi there,

My funds was transferred to a bank account that was closed.  As per my bank it will bounce back to upwork since the account was closed and can't accept transfers anymore. Can please someone help me get the money back to my upwork account as soon as possible? Thank you!

Hi Ruby Raye,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. However, If the funds can't be applied to your account because it's closed, they will be returned to Upwork automatically. I'll have one of the team members reach out to you via a support ticket with more details and assistance. You can access your ticket here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have this same issue, I transferred funds to a closed bank account.

Hi Peggy,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths