🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Phone number already in use on old accoun...
Page options
b41ca953
Community Member

Phone number already in use on old account

I had an existing upwork account and am attempting to create a new one for use with my new agency. 

I closed the old account, but I can't complete the verification process on my new account because it says my phone number is already in use. 

Can someone from upwork support please help me with this issue? 

Thank you. 

21 REPLIES 21
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sangbin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

I am having same issue please help,

I am having the same issue. How do I get this fixed,please?

Hi Helen,

I'm sorry for having this error when verifying your phone. I'll have one of our team members reach out via a support ticket with further assistance. You can access your ticket on this page once your case has been fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
sbdragoo
Community Member

I am having the same issue except I’ve never had an UpWork account before. Can someone please contact me via email to help resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Would you also be able to help me with this issue? I don't have access to my old upwork account, as I closed the related email some years back. Thanks!

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket for this. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. They will reach out to you soon to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Please note as well that duplicate accounts are a violation of our Terms of Service. Our support team would assist you in getting one account fixed but you would have to delete one of them.

~ AJ
Upwork

Same issue!

Hi Sohan,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork! I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c8ba7a36
Community Member

Hi there,

My current mobile number is already register with different account and I do not know about that account. Could you please help me to retrieve my account?

Thank You

Sagar

Hi Sagar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
801e2bf4
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same issue, my current mobile number is already register with different account and I do not know about that account. Could you please help me to retrieve my account?

Thank you

Hi Khalyn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bd97bd61
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same issue, my current mobile number is already register with different account and I do not know about that account. Could you please help me to retrieve my account? Thanks 

Hi Zao,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2fa636f5
Community Member

please help i created an account with my email **Edited for Community Guidelines** but then i deleted it , now trying to make a new account with the same email i get the an error " email in use " but then tries to login and it says that the username/ email is wrong 

Hi Rawda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5f72574b
Community Member

Hello, 

Created an account. Phone number says its in use by another account. Dont recall creating an account before. Please help.

Hi Karla,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths