🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Possible discrimination and diversity prevent...
Page options
daniilre
Community Member

Possible discrimination and diversity prevention threat from Upwork

Here is the situtation.

My client (who spent couple of millions on platform) challenged me to find exceptional tallent to fulfill our team. As owner of our agency I have spent a few thousands dollars to find and keep spending the same amount each month to pay sallary. I have spent two months (paying sallary) to ensure that he has skills that we need, I negotiated contract for him and now Upwork says that he is not a good fit for platform (without any explanation why), although the only thing Upwork is required to do in this situation is to provide us payroll paltform and collect fee.

Dear Upwork, I don't really have to work with this client through Upwork and can legally go out and work directly along with other developers. The only thing I really want is to get good explanation of this situtation. Upwork keeps being unresponsive and unclear. I am really woried that Upwork moderators can use this instrument to discriminate people for political, gender or rasist (although I can't really imagine this!) reasons. This process doesn't really work good, please explain.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniil,

I understand your frustration and your concern with this. I would like to confirm that I've escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members followed up on your ticket with additional information. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniil,

I understand your frustration and your concern with this. I would like to confirm that I've escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members followed up on your ticket with additional information. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
daniilre
Community Member

Update: Upwork Executive Escalations team has contacted me and convinced that this case has nothing to do with discrimination, exactly as it initially thought. Hold on his account was false-positive and the issue is now resolved. Thank you for quick resolution of my issue, clear and detailed response about my concerns. Good job! I hope that initial moderation process will continue to improve
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths