🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Queries about Upwork Agency
Page options
185ebf9c
Community Member

Queries about Upwork Agency

Hello Upworkers,

I recently attended Upwork webinar regarding starting an agency. Now I have planned to launch my Upwork Agency soon and I have a few questions before I start it. Here are these:

1. Is it necessary to have Freelancer Plus membership to launch/use an Upwork agency as an owner?

2. Can we use our freelancer payment method for agency as well?

3. Can I use my freelancer account connects to bid on jobs from my agency?

4. Does Upwork Agency monthly $20 fee is separate from Freelancer Plus membership fee?

5. The upwork monthly $20 fee comes with any connects? or I will have to buy them separately?

I will be really thankful if anyone can kindly answer these questions.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

You'll need the Agency Plus to be able to purchase agency Connects. Note that the agency model is designed to accommodate teams of freelancers working together. You can find more information here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us with these questions. 

Having a Freelancer Plus is not a requirement for creating an agency account

Yes, that shouldn't be the problem. You can connect a payment method to an agency account that's in the owner's name or is a joint account that has the owner's name on it as a withdrawal method.

Since Agency Plus and Freelancer Plus plans are purchased and billed separately, you can purchase both or one individual plan. Connects cannot be shared between agency and freelancer accounts.

Agency Plus is a monthly subscription for $20.00 (USD) per month that gives agencies access to build their team and purchase shared agency Connects for $0.15 (USD) per Connect. It doesn't include free connects.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
185ebf9c
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you so much for your quick and detailed response. It clarified my queries. Just one more question.

Currently, I am not going to add any members to my agency and I will go with Agency Basic Plan. So I will only need to buy connects for my agency and that's all?

I mean, my only expense will be buying the connects to bid on projects from my agency profile. Right?

Thanks again!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

You'll need the Agency Plus to be able to purchase agency Connects. Note that the agency model is designed to accommodate teams of freelancers working together. You can find more information here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
185ebf9c
Community Member

Thank you so much, Bojan! You really helped me clarify my confusion regarding Upwork Agency.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths