🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Questions related upwork agency
Page options
saimulft
Community Member

Questions related upwork agency

Hello,
I recently opened an agency in Upwork and I have the following questions that I need answers to so that I can understand how to proceed. It will be very helpful if experts in agencies or moderators can answer these questions. Thank you

1. I am the owner of the agency and I am non-exclusive to the agency, I want to know if I work on a contract with the agency what will happen to my stats as per the following

I. Will all the earnings in that contract of the agency will also reflect on my profile? ( for example, I worked $800 worth of hours but I only took $600 from the agency and retained $200 there. What will happen to my profile? Will my stats will show I earned $800 or $600)

II. If I work on that contract for more than 3 months will it count as a long-term client for my personal profile? or it's only a long-term client for the agency?

2. Can I upload or link youtube videos in the agency portfolio? ( I know I can do this in my personal portfolio in my personal account but I am not seeing the video link field in the agency portfolio.

3. Where do I see my agency stats? When I click on my stats while being in agency mode, this message shows up "You don't have any exclusive agency contractors on your team so we have no stats to show you. Please switch to your freelancer context in order to see your own My Stats page."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Saimul,

1. Yes, total earnings on a freelancer's profile do include earnings from contract/s the freelancer is hired on under the agency they are associated with. In addition, the long-term contract will count towards both the agency and your individual freelancer profile.

2. It isn't possible to upload Youtube videos to your agency profile. You can, however, add a video overview. You can check this help article to learn more.

3. It is by design that stats won't show if you do not have exclusive agency members. The section will display individual stats for each of your exclusive agency members.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
388d0c31
Community Member

Personal profile's data and agency profile data will completely different. 

The earnings in that contract of the agency will not reflect on my profile.

Minhazul Asif
LuiggiR

Hi Saimul,

1. Yes, total earnings on a freelancer's profile do include earnings from contract/s the freelancer is hired on under the agency they are associated with. In addition, the long-term contract will count towards both the agency and your individual freelancer profile.

2. It isn't possible to upload Youtube videos to your agency profile. You can, however, add a video overview. You can check this help article to learn more.

3. It is by design that stats won't show if you do not have exclusive agency members. The section will display individual stats for each of your exclusive agency members.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
saimulft
Community Member

If I can not see the stat how can I will check how much the agency is processing, it's long term clients , JSS and other things I look at my personal profile. I meant how can I track the agencies stats?

I also have another question regarding how can I hide my team members or a specific team member from agency team shown to clients?

petra_r
Community Member

Saimul I wrote:

If I can not see the stat how can I will check how much the agency is processing, it's long term clients , JSS and other things

Your agency doesn't have any of that yet!

Saimul I wrote:

I also have another question regarding how can I hide my team members or a specific team member from agency team shown to clients?

You can't. 

By the way, if you claim that your agency consists of top rated freelancers and not one of your two agency freelancers is top rated, clients will instantly stop believing anything else you claim

saimulft
Community Member

Thanks for the pointer. But I recently created the agency. The writings are from my own profile which was carried forward automatically. I was trying to modify the text so put them there, But I saw I need to write something entirely new so left that for now as I didn't have much time that moment. As you can see all of the text is related to web development. I am figuring out things currently before moving on to changing the texts and other stuff. 

Hi Saimul,

To learn more about the difference between exclusive and non exclusive members, check out this help article

At the moment, we don't have this option. All team members where their profile visibility is set to public will be shown to clients who are viewing your agency profile. However, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths