🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Rate being seen by exclusive agency contracto...
Page options
jessalou14
Community Member

Rate being seen by exclusive agency contractors.

Upwork has to do something about this. What's the use of changing the rate privacy to private if exclusive agency contractors can still see the rate during the offer. It defeats the purpose of the settings for rate privacy. This is a big deal and I don't know why Upwork has not acted on this problem yet. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jessa Lou and others,

I’d like to provide an update about this topic. Hide Profile Rate setting is still working as expected and prevents agency members from seeing rates and earnings on their own profiles or the agency's profile. Agency members with Hide Profile Rate setting enabled may still be able to see terms of contracts they’re hired on in Messages, specifically on offers. We keep product team updated on every feedback item you share, it has been added to the list of improvements. We will make sure to keep this Community thread updated and post a comment once we have more to share.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
JoanneP

Hi Jessa Lou,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jessalou14
Community Member

It has been over 2 weeks. I'm sure a lot of agency owners are affected by this. It is causing problems when it it shouldn't have been. 

I apologize for the delay, Jessa Lou.

I'd like to let you know that your concern has already been escalated to the appropriate team for further checking. Once our team has more information, you will be updated directly on your open ticket. We appreciate your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne, this is absolutely poor customer service. Over 30 days in and no meaningful updates whatsoever. What is going on? 

jessalou14
Community Member

Joanne, I'd like to understand why Upwork is close to radio silence regarding this issue. Apparently, it has been going on for much longer than when I reported it and those other users have yet to get an answer except that you guys are looking into it.

ad5cf388
Community Member

Yes, I am having the same issue as an agency owner. And it has been over 6 months.

Upwork didn't do anything about it, only replying: "it's a coplex issue and we are working on it".

And it's really frustrating that platform like this can't fix the issue for more then a half year.

So what they are saying now is that there isn't a problem with the code. They intentionally made it like that, which is absolutely illogical. 

jmadr031
Community Member

I also have the same issue. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John Patrick,

While you can hide the hourly rates of your exclusive agency members, unfortunately, you can’t hide the budget information on clients’ job posts.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

How come I was told this was resolved already? Apparently, not. Also, what's the point of rate privacy if the budget can still be seen in the offer? I don't see the logic behind it.

Hi Jessa Lou,

An agency owner, business manager, or admin can edit their agency members' general and specialized profile rates and visibilityHowever, you can’t hide the budget information on clients’ job posts.

Your feedback really means a lot to us here. We will pass this over to the appropriate department for further review and action if necessary.

~ Arjay
Upwork

That absolutely makes no sense. This wasn't the original setup previously. Before, agency contractors cannot see the budget when the offer would be sent. Also, I had a ticket regarding this. How come I was told it was solved? 

Hi Jessa,

We truly appreciate your follow-up. I took a closer look at your account and I can see that a new support ticket has been created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

So what is it? Is this a system issue or a policy issue on Upwork's part? If it is a policy issue, I want to know what the logic is behind the policy of making the client's budget viewable in the offer. 

This has been going on for quite some time now and has been affecting agency owners like me. Why has this not been fixed and why are the moderators giving a different answer compared to support? This should be rectified asap. 

Are we going to continue to pretend this is not a problem? 

Can someone explain to me the logic behind this? Truth be told, this doesn't make sense. What's the whole point of allowing rates of exclusive agency members to be made private if they have access to the actual rate when an offer is made? 

Why not?

Another clarification, I am not referring to the budget being seen on the job postings of clients. What I am specifically referring to is exclusive agency contractors seeing the rate when an offer is sent. So again, what's the point of having rate privacy? 

jessalou14
Community Member

This is absolutely unacceptable and illogical. Why did Upwork change it's policy with regards to rates being visible in the offer page of exclusive agency contractors that have their rate privacy already set to private? This absolutely makes no sense whatsoever and it creates unnecessary problems. What's the point of having rate privacy  when it is visible in the offer page?

Client friendly vs. freelancer friendly.

45449d47
Community Member

i'm considering to open an agency account in upwork, but with this issue, I think I wanna rethink.

how is it going now?

They changed their policy to a very illogical one. It used to be private even when the offer is sent. 

geovanipanaga
Community Member

Hi @upwork, please resolve this. I'm having the same problem. It should go back to the way it was.

jessalou14
Community Member

Looks like none of the Upwork mods want to explain or justify the logic behind this. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jessa Lou and others,

I’d like to provide an update about this topic. Hide Profile Rate setting is still working as expected and prevents agency members from seeing rates and earnings on their own profiles or the agency's profile. Agency members with Hide Profile Rate setting enabled may still be able to see terms of contracts they’re hired on in Messages, specifically on offers. We keep product team updated on every feedback item you share, it has been added to the list of improvements. We will make sure to keep this Community thread updated and post a comment once we have more to share.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for replying, but this isn't good enough. We all know that if they wanted to fix this, it would've been fixed by now. It doesn't take months to review, specially since this has been going on for over 6 months. Again, rates used to be hidden even on the offer page before, so all Upwork has to do it to revert to that and it shouldn't even take a day to do if Upwork wanted to.

Hi Jessa Lou,

We totally understand why you're upset and we truly appreciate your feedback. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while our product team addresses this issue. We will surely keep this thread updated as soon as we received a response. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Looks like Upwork is just sweeping this under the rug. Still no answer on what the logic is behind this. If it is unreasonable, it should be rectified right away. Still no action. 

No updates whatsoever? Are we going to pretend this isn't a problem?

I am having the same issue. It does not make any sense and does not align with the Agency's purpose

Exactly. It absolutely makes no sense whatsoever and could be rectified immediately if they want to. 

45449d47
Community Member

any update bro?

What now? Why can't Upwork resolve this very simple issue that is causing unwarranted problems for agency owners? 

If any freelancer whether in an agency or not doesn't want their rate to be visible to prospective clients, they should have the option to hide it.

I think what you are saying is a different issue from mine and other agency owners. Agency owners have the option to hide the rate of exclusive agency contractors, which means the agency contractors aren't privy to the actual budget of the client. What Upwork did was although they make it hidden in the profile page of the contractor, the actual budget is still viewable by the contractor when an offer is made. That's like buying from a grocery, with the actual cost of production of the items displayed along with the price for which the item is being sold. 

Still no updates whatsoever? Is Upwork just going to sweep this under the rug?

Until when are we going to pretend this isn't a major problem? Is Upwork just going to be sweeping this under the rug all the time? 

45449d47
Community Member

so now it's still being fixed and not yet finished? to hide the contract amount to external contractors or out team members in agency account?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths