🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Scaling A Business on Upwork without an Agenc...
Page options
muthoni_muchira
Community Member

Scaling A Business on Upwork without an Agency Account

Hello,

I'm looking to scale my business on Upwork but it seems near impossible to do so. 

I wanted to bring an extra set of hands to help me in my projects but seems like an agency is the only way to go and while doing my research, it's not the best way to do so especially on Upwork. Therefore I would rather not.

It also seems that sharing my Upwork logins on another computer for someone else to help is a breach of contract which can lead to permanent deactivation of my account.

Is there another possible way to scale? Or should I consider going off Upwork? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Fiona,

You are correct, it is against Upwork's Terms of Service to share your account. That said, please know that subcontracting is allowed on Upwork for Fixed-Price contracts only. The freelancer is 100% responsible for the product they deliver and has to comply with all laws when they use independent contractors or employees to work on their contracts. In addition, please keep in mind that it's best for you to inform your client if you're planning to subcontract and confirm the client is ok with subcontracting. You can find more information in Section 2.1 of our User Agreement.

You may also be interested in learning about a new feature we're testing, feel free to check this announcement for more information.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Fiona,

You are correct, it is against Upwork's Terms of Service to share your account. That said, please know that subcontracting is allowed on Upwork for Fixed-Price contracts only. The freelancer is 100% responsible for the product they deliver and has to comply with all laws when they use independent contractors or employees to work on their contracts. In addition, please keep in mind that it's best for you to inform your client if you're planning to subcontract and confirm the client is ok with subcontracting. You can find more information in Section 2.1 of our User Agreement.

You may also be interested in learning about a new feature we're testing, feel free to check this announcement for more information.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you! This can do for now.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths