🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Scam
Page options
patrick124
Community Member

Scam

I believe I have encountered a scammer. He is wanting me to make an account for him and his use and I thought that it should be worth reporting. I am using the profile that he wants. I will not be giving it to him either way. The main reason I made the account was so that I could report this. Any advice on what I should do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for sharing the details. Our team will investigate this further and take proper action. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Also, they offered to pay me $150 per month and first made contact with me
on Fiverr. The Fiverr profile it said that they were from the US but on
Skype, it said that they were from China.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

trying to scam me, he ask for crypto

seems to be a russian

Hi Iwando,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

~ Nikola
Upwork
stephparrish
Community Member

I found another opportunity that appears to be a scam. I included the opportunity.  The message about interviewing and the interview leading up to being asked to pay for equipment and get reimbursed later. I have two more files but they are txt files.  I do not have them saved as pdf. I can provide them if needed.   

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Stephanie, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As you may be aware, asking users to purchase equipment and paying them off Upwork is not allowed. Clients and freelancers are not allowed to offer and accept payments off the website. 

I will go ahead and look into this and share it with the team for their further review and action.

~ Avery
Upwork
dbe172d4
Community Member

I've been asked to text on telegram and accept and fill out a contract outside of upwork. They say they use Red Cross for publication contracts 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths