🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Separate bank details for freelance profile a...
Page options
eb7de4ab
Community Member

Separate bank details for freelance profile and agency

I have a freelancer account on Upwork and would like to have an agency too, in the name of my registered UK business.  I don't want the agency account to affect my freelancer account as I freelance separately from my business. 

1. Is it possible to link my business bank account to agency account and leave my personal bank account linked to my private freelancer profile?
2. Also, are the earnings for the agency and freelancer account separated?
3. Is it a better idea to open a new account just for the agency?

Any and all advice on how to go about keeping my freelancer account and agency account separate as well as the banking details (and how to do that) would be great.
Thanks! 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi RJ,

If you would like to represent a company or work as a team you will need to open an Agency profile. Freelancer profiles are designed for independent freelancers only. 
To learn more about how to manage an Agency, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi RJ,

1. Yes you can add a company bank account to your Agency profile and withdraw your funds.

2. Yes that is correct. You will have two different profiles a Freelancer and an Agency profile.

3. Please keep in mind that freelancers are allowed to have only one account. Opening more than one is a violation of our TOS.

Once you have created your Agency profile, feel free to follow up here we (Moderators) will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran,

I definitely don't want to go against the TOS. 

I also saw someone mention that you can open a company account on Upwork. Is this different from an agency account? 

My sister and I own a publishing company. We would like to find work on Upwork as well as hire freelancers for our business. Again, I don't want any business transactions to affect my private profile account or my private bank account linked to my profile.

Maybe you can provide advice here? What is the best route to go?

Hi RJ,

If you would like to represent a company or work as a team you will need to open an Agency profile. Freelancer profiles are designed for independent freelancers only. 
To learn more about how to manage an Agency, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths